AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Forwarding Number Not Working on Ads

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had call extensions with a Google forwarding number on my ads enabled on my ads for a few weeks now. They have been working great up until last Thursday. Our website URL changed so I had to pause and create some new ad groups. Since doing so, my calls are no longer tracking, but my call extensions are still showing up. Would the new ad groups disable the Google forwarding number? If so, how long does it take to start working again? When I enabled call conversions originally, they worked within a day. I added the new ad groups last Thursday and no calls have been tracking since. 

My account still states that I am using a google forwarding number, but when I look up my ads and click the button, it shows my own phone number. Has anyone had this happen before?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kim G
September 2015

Re: Google Forwarding Number Not Working on Ads

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
My guess would be that since you changed your URL and ads, Google reset the click history associated with this extension. Google says you need a minimum number of clicks in a 4-week period of time. You probably haven't hit that yet after the reset.

Here is the official explanation. "Your call extensions or Google forwarding number aren't appearing"
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704420?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kim G
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
My guess would be that since you changed your URL and ads, Google reset the click history associated with this extension. Google says you need a minimum number of clicks in a 4-week period of time. You probably haven't hit that yet after the reset.

Here is the official explanation. "Your call extensions or Google forwarding number aren't appearing"
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704420?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Kim,

In order to use Google forwarding number, you have to select that option while setting up the Call extensions. Because if you don't do that and select second option of showing your business phone number, then it's a separate case. Then you won't get Call reporting under Dimensions Tab.

If you have call extensions with Google forwarding number active, then are you getting phone impressions displayed in the reporting?

Your ad group will first be eligible for the phone impressions and then will start showing google forwarding number along with your text ad.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Joe! This completely makes sense. Some of my Ad Groups are now working and some of them are not. It must be the number of clicks. Thanks for responding.