AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Dynamic Remarketing Question

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Adwords Community,

As an advertiser, we have a real estate client that we are wanting to know if we could do a dynamic remarketing campaign for them. I know it connects to Google Merchant Center. We would want to dynamically allow a user (who views House A) to see House A when on the Display Network.

Is this possible?

If not, is there a way around it to where it can be possible? (ex: create false ISBN, etc.)

If so, our data feed would consistently be changing (houses sell and new properties up for sale), how would this need to be updated?

Side question, if this is something that works, we would want potentially thousands of image ads for each listing. Is there any software out there that you know of to allow this dynamic remarketing to take place?

Thanks so much,

Cole Lusby

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Google Dynamic Remarketing Question

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Cole.

Product Listing Ads & Dynamic Remarketing does not work for real estate properties (https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2731539?hl=en). Nor does it work for any "immovable property that can’t be shipped and delivered to buyers".

I don't know a company that can offer a turnkey solution for you, unfortunately. There might be ways to combine remarketing lists, ads, etc. in order to achieve something close to what you want. Scaling it indefinitely ... I don't know. I'm not sure one could automate that strictly with AdWords / Analytics and some server-side programming.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cole L
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I think the trickiest part would be to create the remarketing list. In Analytics you definitely need to do it manually.

In AdWords though it seems you can (note: I've never done that myself, but here's the reference https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/remarketing So what you need to do is to decide what are you targeting. Each particular property? A group of properties in the same area? A group of properties in the same price range?

Just keep in mind that you need lists that are constructed in such a way that you end up with at least 100 different cookies during 30 days. So if one property alone does not gather enough traffic, you'll have to think of grouping criteria that can do it for you.

Thanks for asking this question, BTW, it's nice to see this is apparently (edited) possible.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Cole.

Product Listing Ads & Dynamic Remarketing does not work for real estate properties (https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2731539?hl=en). Nor does it work for any "immovable property that can’t be shipped and delivered to buyers".

I don't know a company that can offer a turnkey solution for you, unfortunately. There might be ways to combine remarketing lists, ads, etc. in order to achieve something close to what you want. Scaling it indefinitely ... I don't know. I'm not sure one could automate that strictly with AdWords / Analytics and some server-side programming.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Calin,

Thanks for your response.

We have very knowledgeable programmers that would have the know-how. I just need to know if it is possible.

Would it be possible to use API to create multiple ads for certain listings (Ex: $100,000 to $200,000 ; 2 bedrooms; in specified location) that have been viewed by a user?

Essentially, we are wanting to dynamically remarket to our clients in real estate.

Thanks so much,

Cole Lusby
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cole L
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I think the trickiest part would be to create the remarketing list. In Analytics you definitely need to do it manually.

In AdWords though it seems you can (note: I've never done that myself, but here's the reference https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/remarketing So what you need to do is to decide what are you targeting. Each particular property? A group of properties in the same area? A group of properties in the same price range?

Just keep in mind that you need lists that are constructed in such a way that you end up with at least 100 different cookies during 30 days. So if one property alone does not gather enough traffic, you'll have to think of grouping criteria that can do it for you.

Thanks for asking this question, BTW, it's nice to see this is apparently (edited) possible.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Calin,

The link has a not found error. Is there somewhere else to find that specific information?

We would target (potentially) each property to each user (as they have viewed it). Potentially, creating thousands of image ads and enough cookies to have a list.

Thanks,

Cole

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Sorry. I've edited my post. A bracket and a dot got caught in the URL. It should work now.