AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Dynamic Remarketing Campaign Traffic Drop

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a google dynamic remarketing campaign running and at first we saw great traffic come to our website up in the 100s. Our data feed in the merchant center then came up for expiration and so we had to upload the data feed again, same exact data feed with nothing changing. After we did this their was a significant drop in traffic and it has not come back. The upload was on May 16 and since we have only seen numbers in the 20s and 30s. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Dynamic Remarketing Campaign Traffic Drop

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Emily,

I'm sorry to hear you've seen a drop.

Have you checked the feed for errors again after re-submitting it? It's also worth considering external factors such as your business being seasonal for example? It does sound too coincidental that you've seen the drop since the feed expired though.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Scott thanks for your response! We did check the feed and there were no errors that is why the drop after the upload doesn't make as much sense. Also the external factors are definitely worth considering. We have talked to Google so hopefully they can provide an answer otherwise external factors would be the only explanation.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Can you share what website you're running your campaign for?

Also, are you running your campaign with Conversion Optimizer (target CPA or target ROAS)? Has the CTR recovered?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Maxime,

We are running the campaign for www.lab-diamonds.com. We are not running the campaign with the conversion optimizer. Unfortunately the CTR has not recovered yet. I have contacted Google as well but haven't heard anything back yet. It's just strange because we have no error s in our Merchant feed or within adwords.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee
Your tag isn't implemented correctly, it's not passing the parameters properly because in the source of your page you are setting the parameters (ecomm_pagetype, ecomm_prodid, etc...) after the tag has already fired.

For example on:
http://www.lab-diamonds.com/earrings/cushion-cut-lab-created-earrings.html

You have the code firing the tag in the <head> section of the page:
&lt;/script&gt;
<!-- Google Code for Remarketing tag -->
<!-- Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. For instructions on adding this tag and more information on the above requirements, read the setup guide: google.com/ads/remarketingsetup -->
&lt;script type="text/javascript">
/* <![CDATA[ */
var google_conversion_id = 1007475680;
var google_conversion_label = "a80sCNjkygMQ4Lez4AM";
var google_custom_params = window.google_tag_params;
var google_remarketing_only = true;
/* ]]> */
&lt;/script&gt;
&lt;script type="text/javascript" src="//www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion.js">
&lt;/script&gt;

but the parameters are provided at the bottom of the page:
&lt;script type="text/javascript">
var google_tag_params = {
ecomm_prodid: 'CE2011',
ecomm_pagetype: 'product',
ecomm_totalvalue: '199.00',
};
&lt;/script&gt;

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Maxime,

Thanks for the help! I have forwarded this information to our developers and hopefully it solves the problem!