AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Display Network and targeting!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I was wondering if someone can help me because I've a doubt targeting my display campaings. I've my campaign targeted for Portugal. And I have chosen some keywords. The campaign started and I'm having some websites from Brasil.

I started to pause them, but is an error of Google or there are some Portuguese searching Brasilian websites?

Someone can help me please?

Best Regards!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Display Network and targeting!

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Mad4Yours W

If you've targeted Portugal then your traffic should physically be in Portugal.  I think it's reasonable that people in Portugal have the potential to visit Brazilian websites due to the fact they share the same language.  

You can be certain by checking the Geographic report in the Dimensions tab in Adwords. More details on that here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453994?hl=en

Re: Google Display Network and targeting!

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Make sure your campaign location options are set for:

Target: People in my included location

Exclude: People in, or who show interest in my excluded location

Yes, users in one country could be viewing websites in the same language from another country. Users in the UK viewing CNN.com, users in the US visiting BBC.com, etc.
Tom