AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Remarketing List Not Working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I have created a remarketing list or an audience using google analytics. Installed GA tag and updated website's privacy policy. The list already has more than 100 visitors but my ad did not work when I used it. What could be the possible reasons why I couldn't get the list to work? 

Thanks! Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Google Analytics Remarketing List Not Working

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi Melissa,

With "did not work", do you mean you created a Display Network Only - Remarketing campaign with this list as an audience and it got 0 impressions?

Some possible reasons I can think of at this moment:

• Your display ads were disapproved
  • Location/language settings of your campaign do not match your remarketing list (ie. Your remarketing list captures visitors from France, your remarketing campaign is targeted to Germany)
  • In your remarketing campaign you have targeting exclusions that negate your remarketing list.

As you can see, it 's a bit guesswork. Could you share the definition of your remarketing list as well as what you set as targeting (and targeting exclusions) in your remarketing campaign?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi Melissa,

With "did not work", do you mean you created a Display Network Only - Remarketing campaign with this list as an audience and it got 0 impressions?

Some possible reasons I can think of at this moment:

• Your display ads were disapproved
  • Location/language settings of your campaign do not match your remarketing list (ie. Your remarketing list captures visitors from France, your remarketing campaign is targeted to Germany)
  • In your remarketing campaign you have targeting exclusions that negate your remarketing list.

As you can see, it 's a bit guesswork. Could you share the definition of your remarketing list as well as what you set as targeting (and targeting exclusions) in your remarketing campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ken,

Thanks for your answer. Yup, I've created a display network only - remarketing campaign using the list I've created from GA targeting all locations and territories but got no impressions until almost 3 days.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Hi Melissa,

More questions :-)

• The remarketing list is still growing, you're well beyond a 100 now?
  • Does your remarketing campaign have any targeting (negative or positive) apart from the remarketing audience? (for example, targeting by demography, topic, interest, ohter audiences, ...)
  • Are your ads ok & approved ?