AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Adwords DKI: Use DKI with only one word of a keyword with several words

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am using keywords in the format "+keyword1 +keyword2 +keyword3". Normally DKI for AD texts only allows to insert the whole keyword in the form {keyword: keyword1 keyword2 keyword3}.

However I would like to pick only one part of the keyword such as the first word of it: So e.g. insert only "keyword1" into the description line of an ad text even though the ad is triggered for the whole keyword "+1stword +2ndword +3rdword".

Are there any solutions to that problem?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Google Adwords DKI: Use DKI with only one word of a keyword with several words

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Use a static headline, and refine your adgroups.You can never be sure of anything with DKI headlines, if it's that important to use that KW term in the headline, use a static headline ad.

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Google Adwords DKI: Use DKI with only one word of a keyword with several words

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Sorry, I'll have to disagree.

It's the keyword that's matched to the search query that gets inserted, not the search term.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454041

Keyword insertion allows you to dynamically update your ad text with the keyword that's used to target your ad. Keyword insertion can help make your ads more relevant to potential customers, while making it easier for you to create unique ads for a large number of keywords.

To use keyword insertion, you just need to add a snippet of code to your ad text. Then each time your ad shows, we'll automatically replace the code with the keyword that triggered the ad.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Use a static headline, and refine your adgroups.You can never be sure of anything with DKI headlines, if it's that important to use that KW term in the headline, use a static headline ad.

Tom

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
To be clear, dynaic keyword insertion doesn't enter the keyword YOU BID ON, it inserts the users search terms. E.g. if you bid on +keyword +bid, and it matches up to 'keyword I bid' {keyword:keyword bid} will show 'keyword I bid'... there is no way to insert jus part of the users searh query
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Sorry, I'll have to disagree.

It's the keyword that's matched to the search query that gets inserted, not the search term.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454041

Keyword insertion allows you to dynamically update your ad text with the keyword that's used to target your ad. Keyword insertion can help make your ads more relevant to potential customers, while making it easier for you to create unique ads for a large number of keywords.

To use keyword insertion, you just need to add a snippet of code to your ad text. Then each time your ad shows, we'll automatically replace the code with the keyword that triggered the ad.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Hoppe29999,

Calin is bang on target here!

To add and clarify,it's the keyword which you bid on get replaced, otherwise the default text will be used, if it exceeds the character limit.

One very important step to follow would be to adhere the policies, otherwise your ad might get disapproved. It's an advanced method to target users online and you need to take special care while using it.

Go through the reference which Calin referred above and as you said, you might try splitting the ad group based on your keywords so as to best use the DKI functionality.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@Adwiser - you are right.

That's something new I learnt. Thanks!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Don't mention it, for a while I was convinced of the same (that the search term is shown). Now, after thinking about it again, I thought about it again Smiley Happy. It's DKI, not DSTI, after all Smiley Happy.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Everyone,

Yes DKI is very useful for them who are not having ad copies in bulk.

I want to share one more thing here that you can also use capitalization of your dynamic keywords in this DKI feature.

For Ex. 

Your ad's titleHow the ad title appears to potential customersWhat part of the keyword is capitalized?
Buy {keyword:Chocolate}Buy dark chocolateNo part
Buy {Keyword:Chocolate}Buy Dark chocolateThe first letter of the first word only (sentence capitalization)
Buy {KeyWord:Chocolate}Buy Dark ChocolateThe first letter of each word (initial capitalization)
Buy {KEYWord:Chocolate}Buy DARK ChocolateThe entire first word and the first letter of each additional word
Buy {KeyWORD:Chocolate}Buy Dark CHOCOLATEThe first letter of the first word and the entirety of each additional word
Buy {KEYWORD:Chocolate}Buy Dark Chocolate

The first letter of each word (initial capitalization)

Refrence Adwords help keyword insertion

But i want to ask one thing from AdWiser that : Is DKI affects the quality score of our keyword ?

Regards

Vicky

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Vicky,

There is no direct relation between the QS and ads with DKI. However, if you use DKI in your ads, they are bound to be more relevant to your user query and hence, the user might be more inclined towards clicking your ads, thereby, increasing your CTR, which in turn is a parameter for QS. I know it is a big chain reaction but worth the effort.

Sorry if I replied out of line Smiley Happy

-Neeti

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn