AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ads is always counting a lot more clicks ...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

....than my very reliable real time tracking service shows. I have spent many hours following all the instructions for invalid clicks and Google specific stats do not match up for clicks charged for.

It makes no sense to have a business that charges many millions of dollars on weekends and yet you can not speak to a customer support person on weekends. True arrogance and lack of accountability to customers. You can build billion dollar floating cities, but you cant help paying customers on weekends????????

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Ads is always counting a lot more clicks ...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mike,
It might be better if you asked your question here rather than gt further irked by complaining about it. I know exactly how you feel and you're certainly not alone. It can be incredibly frustrating trying to get support at the weekends, but the fact is, there's little that can be done at this stage.

Give me some details and I'll do my best to give you some assistance.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The Google stats are so indefinite in every aspect that It seems futile to figure out anything to Google's satisfaction. Maybe that is the intended result. They have told me we have to wait and see 24 to 48 hours for almost everything I want to verify, and then nobody follows up. I pay $6 a month for a very reliable third party companies REAL time click stats that include every logistic you can think of. Google is just helpless to do what a very small third party company can do? I would like to have questions answered, but it is becoming quite clear that the Goggle system is designed to make everything very ambiguous, run out the clock, have inconsistent answers, all while they drain every customer's account of pre-deposited funds. I am the customer paying here, and yet it is me spending all my time trying to figure out the charges, with little or no help from the multi-billionaire company. Great....

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Mike, with respect, you're being offered help here right now and you're not responding to it.  Dave has asked you for more details and offered to try and help.

Yes, a lot of Google's data is not real-time but then any serious analysis of visitor trending is unlikely to rely primarily upon real-time data.  Real-time is a handy additional tool, especially when examining or checking change launches, but it is not particularly useful for analysing AdWords performance.

There are many reasons why Google's data may not match that provided by third party recorders and those differences are explained here:

Differences between AdWords and Third-party sources

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Jon,
Thanks for your reply. It seems like the first assumption made by Google help is that the customer is wrong. That sucks. You don't know I'm wrong until you know all the details. Google click stats show 108 clicks in one enabled campaign in a ridiculously short period of time. When I drill down to parse the ad clicks and then the keyword clicks of that campaign, with the exception of two clicks that I agree with, all the rest are zero. The column total at the bottom shows 108 clicks, but when you look at the clicks of the ads/keywords they are all zero. If Google actually had people answering customer calls on weekends, I could have easily went over that data in my account. Instead, Google takes my money out of my account and does not even provide an online chat that I could go over my account with. The whole weekend it just indicated that "online chat is not available".
It is very apparent that if you mask aggressive charges with confusing, indefinite, and non-available help and verification, that you have just designed a system to take customers money without much regard for the validity of the charges.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mike,
Did you get an answer for that ? As I'm experiencing the same with one of my campaigns, 327 total clicks, when drilled down to details shows zero clicks by keyword and of course zero visits on my website.
All my searches on google lead to "invalid clicks" topic which obviously do not answer my questions as if invalid clicks are shown in totals, should be reflected in details as well.
Thank you anyone to share the answer.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 7
Top Contributor Alumni

Have you double-checked your tracking methodology to make sure that paid search traffic is actually being properly identified when it comes to your website?

In my experience, that can often be a problem.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well Theresa, (supposing the question is for me), first of all thank you. In fact no but I didn't because it's not with the source that I have problem but its about the total figures. I have had almost zero trafic, and a maximum of 5 visits since the creation of the website up to now, while adwords stats showing more than 300 clicks in a single day. So it is not a matter of trafic source but the inconsistency within the same source (total and breakdown of clicks in adwords) and secondly between adwords and analytics.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 9
Top Contributor Alumni

Let me rephrase the question. 

It's possible that the code is not correctly installed on all the website pages. Have you looked at the actual website code on each page, to make sure there are no problems? (I keep mentioning this because i've run into the problem on a couple of client accounts myself.)  Google Tag Manager is a quick and easy way to check this kind of thing. 

Second, are you using auto-tagging for your AdWords traffic or creating manual tags?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Theresa

I used a wordpress plugin to insert Analytics tracking code in the headers, I use it with a couple of websites without any issue. I also ran a couple of campaigns using manual keywords (is that what you meant by tags). I've never used tag manager.

Everytime I used a campaign, I've got a significant increase in the traffic (I mean jumping from less than 10 visits to hundreds).

What is different this time, is that AdWords suggested for me a dynamic title, which I was not able to preview, and brought no trafic to my website in spite of the clicks I can see in adwords.

Do you think I have to open a ticket ?