AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ads at Bottom of pages

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Google has reduces ads at top of the page and start serving ads at bottom of the pages.

ads at top are limits to just one ads serving. and rest of the ads at bottom of the page.

This has affect on CTR of ad texts. kindely confirm if you are also affected by this change or we just singleout.

Kind regards,

Addy 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Google Ads at Bottom of pages

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Addy_SEM

I see you have found some of your ads are showing underneath the search results. Bottom ads are a new feature of AdWords in which our systems try to optimise the search page to give the user the best experience possible. This means that some ads that would have previously shown on the right hand side of the search results will now show beneath the search results.

This change was aimed at keeping the ads in the same flow as the natural search results when the user is looking down the search page. On average, this bottom placement performed better than side ads in terms of click-through rate in our tests. (This change applies to all advertisers, but bottom ads won't appear on each and every search query. At the moment it isn't possible to opt out of your ads showing beneath the search results.)

This blog post on the AdWords blog explains the change in a little more detail. 

Hope this helps Addy_SEM! 

A. 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

I just checked my accounts and I am not really facing this issue

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Addy_SEM

I see you have found some of your ads are showing underneath the search results. Bottom ads are a new feature of AdWords in which our systems try to optimise the search page to give the user the best experience possible. This means that some ads that would have previously shown on the right hand side of the search results will now show beneath the search results.

This change was aimed at keeping the ads in the same flow as the natural search results when the user is looking down the search page. On average, this bottom placement performed better than side ads in terms of click-through rate in our tests. (This change applies to all advertisers, but bottom ads won't appear on each and every search query. At the moment it isn't possible to opt out of your ads showing beneath the search results.)

This blog post on the AdWords blog explains the change in a little more detail. 

Hope this helps Addy_SEM! 

A. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Addy_SEM,

Please go through this thread. It has some great insights and advices.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is not a solution. I don't agree with my ad appearing on the bottom. How do I get my money refunded. It's like I paid for my ad to appear on prime time TV and google says it perform better at mid-night. not happy. not happy at all.

Google Ads at Bottom of pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Regarding this sentence in particular: "At the moment it isn't possible to opt out of your ads showing beneath the search results."

Can you confirm this information is up to date as of today 11/24/2017? I see this post has been written in 2012 and approved in September of 2015. It's been more than two years since then. Can anyone from Google tell me if it is possible to opt out of bottom of page impressions?

Thank you!

Georgi