AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ads [Product listing ads]

map
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
map
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I understand correcty Google Ads [Product listing ads] are derived from the associated Merchant Center datafeed. We have 2000+ products in our datafeed, and the correct number of products is being reported as being in the datafeed, but only a fraction of the products are appearing in a Google Search as a [Product listing ad]. Any idea why this should be so.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Ads [Product listing ads]

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Do you have correct data feed uploaded inside Google Merchant center account for your respective products?

Are your feeds approved without any errors and have you included the mandatory attributes required for correct feeds?

If I am not mistaken you have created Product Listing Ads campaign inside Adwords?

You can refer to the following link for more details on how your PLA campaign should be set up:

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2456103

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

map
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
map
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Everything is set as it should be. We are running the same ads (duplicate) on other domains and the products list. We just can't figure out why is should show some and not others. Seems to me the whole point of Product listing ads is to show the products. Doesn't make sense to use them if they only show maybe 30% (could be less) of the products.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi there. One of the first things to check: stock. If they're not on stock, they don't show.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

map
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
map
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

They're all on stock.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

PLAs do not show evey time. The first signal Google has to get is that the query is product-related. If it is, and if the query is relevant to your product, and if your bid is high enough, and if your budget is also high enough (and several more ands I think), then your product will show.

Have a look at the queries that do trigger your ads, and see if you could use the same queries, modified accordingly for other products, to trigger them.

Another thing you really have to pay attention for is the budget / list size ratio and the "popularity" distribution inside your feed. If you have a "normal" budget and some products are triggered very often, then other products may not get the chance to show (imagine a litter of dogs, with limited access to their mother; the weakest ones hardly get a chance to feed). This can be solved by raising the budget until more products get to show, or by using several ad groups with filtered product targets and customized bids (by using the adwords_grouping element, for instance, one can go down to one product per ad group).

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

map
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
map
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good advice. And I understand all of what you have written.

I still can't understand why the vasy majority of products NEVER show - even at the start of day when our daily budget is fully available.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

You mean you test them and don't see them, or do you simply see that they don't get clicks (in Analytics)?

The nice thing with ad group separation, and one product target per ad group is that you can see the impressions and clicks per product. That way, if you see impressions during the day, but products do not appear when you try to trigger the ads yourself, you know that they're working.

Another thing to watch for, when testing for PLAs: make sure that the query string includes &hl=en&gl=US, for instance, for products targeting US and English. In case you're trying from a different country and these are not present, you may not see the ads.

map
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
map
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I mean we test them and don't see them. We are in Germany using Google.de with ads set by Brand and All products.

Some products show, and show every time, other products (most) don't show, and never do.

Its like they're blocked/ignored.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

I think the issue is a bit too specific for us to diagnose by discussing about it, unfortunately. What I told you above was pretty much all I could think of.