AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords - Spa saloon looking for online and social presence - let's help.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager
Local business
Local targeting
Location targeting 
Location extensions
Geo-targeting

Tina: Hi All, I love the way this AdWords Community is helping new and local businesses like me. 

That's why I've decided to post here for help with my situation. I'm an owner of spa saloon in London with various range of services. I'd like to start different types of promotion via social media, groupons, forums, paid advertising etc. Where should I start? I have a website. Let me know if you need further information. 

Thanks in advance for helping me....I can send some spa credits as 'thank you' for helping me,
Tina
3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google AdWords - Spa saloon looking for online and social presence - let's help her.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tina, Google Adwords is a great way to promote your business; not just by advertising your website (and it'd be great to know the URL of this, by the way) but also to promote the spa itself directly.  

Social media - especially Twitter (and of course G+) - can be very effective in creating a "buzz" around your business that can increase "brand awareness" and a general chatter related to your company.  Beware though that social media marketing can be very time consuming and if not maintained can give as much a negative impression as a positive one.

The first step for me when considering any marketing is "What do I want to achieve?".  I'd guess with you we're looking for more clients, but you can probably narrow that down and refine it.  Most businesses know where their real "money-earners" are so you'll want to consider exactly what service you promote, and how you promote it.  One of the most common mistakes of new advertisers (and old ones!) is that they try to advertise everything they do and sell on an equal platform which only ever leads to a compromise.  

Sit down with a cup of tea and think about what your business does and what you want it to do in the future.  Then think about how you might achieve that through promotion of specific elements of the business.  Then come back to us and share it with us and we'll help you form those ideas into a plan.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Google AdWords - Spa saloon looking for online and social presence - let's help her.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Tina,

In addition to great explanation from Jon above, I would further add my thoughts that having a website is not a big thing but having a good website is something which you should be focussing on to kick start your online marketing journey in terms of social media, paid advertising etc...

Best would be to make sure that your website has enough unique and rich content backed up by colorful images and some good CTAs (call to actions). Navigation should be easy and the online user should be able to move around your website with ease.

Since you are into spa business, make sure that you use appropriate images at appropriate place. If a user want to get in touch with you, there should be maximum options available like phone number (may be on header), a contact form and your spa saloon physical address because you never know which option user chooses to follow.

Coming to Adwords, you should of course start your campaign targeting London as geo-targeting and making use of the Location Extension as well. If you have a Google Places verified listing, it would be very easy to set up the Location Extension because you just need to link it with your Google Places account and the address will auto populate.

Make sure you use Call Extensions with Google Forwarding number (I love it) so that if someone wants to call you directly after seeing the ad, they can do so immediately and you have a client for your spa saloon.

For Branding perspective, I would emphasize creating a Google Display Network campaign. Since you have enormous options to explore in GDN like topic targeting, contextual targeting, placement level targeting, you can utilize GDN tools like contextual targeting tool, Placement Tool to first understand what you can achieve following this campaign.

I would also stress on Video Targeting Campaign where you can showcase your Spa Saloon features in a short 2-3 mins. video and then use Adwords to build up the views for your video. This would build up your Brand name straight away on YouTube, which is of course a fastest growing social network in the world.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello ;

Quote:

>> I'd like to start different types of promotion via social media, groupons, forums, paid advertising etc. Where should I start? I have a website. Let me know if you need further information.

I would like to follow with Jon's line:

My experience with small medium businesses has been that they lack the resources for big multi channel campaigns;

My advice to those is to "go one step at the time" and to expand campaigns gradually;

I would start with a small, minimal budget campaign, on the search network, by setting a dedicated, nice and simple, landing page that promotes the services your saloon offers. (With your own business phone. When clients call, you'll ask them "how did they hear about the business". - The old way of tracking conversions.)

I would target geographically; to the neighborhoods your clientele comes from. If you have clients speaking Spanish (LA..), I would also set another campaign targeting Spanish speakers.

That's it "to start with". When your campaign is successful, and brings business; we will recommend further options. 

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello and Welcome,

First, you have a very attractive niche for it's useful for everyday joe's, so i guess i'll have you started with these tips.

(1 Location, Location, Location! Make sure you're Geo-targeting your area search AND Display, make sure search partners is turned on so you don't miss a click!, Be visible on Maps / Places and G+.

(2 Display ads as a whole are very popular in your kind of niche, use the "Display ad builder" and get creative.

(3 Enable remarketing wisely, targeting users of all different categories and offer something to bring'em back.

(4 Call tracking is a good idea. Period.

(5 Define - Using Analytics - The time ppl are most likely to convert for you (My guess would be 'after hours' when people are tired of the full work day like i am now,,,).

(6 Get some holiday ideas...

(7 Come back here to tell us how well you're doing.

Re: Google AdWords - Spa saloon looking for online and social presence - let's help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What is Google Call Forwarding and how does it work?