AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords Experiments

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello All,

Here I would like to get some clarification on the Google AdWords experiments. I have created an experiment on 50 - 50 split at ad copy level. If I pause the experimental group of ad copies, then Control group will recieve 100% impressions(I am not changing the status for control ad copies. They will in control mode only)? Or as per the experimental condition will it recieve only 50% impressions?

In the first case it will fine, but the second case happens, will I lose my 50% impressions?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Karim SK.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google AdWords Experiments

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

I agree that this is somewhat confusing;

When you set an experiment you determine the number of impressions of the control (the current ad-copy) vs. the experiment (if you have a large number of impressions you can have a small sampling, i.e a small percentage of the "traffic" could be a statistical sampling for the test.

Once you pause the experiment, technically,  - you are back to the initial conditions. No experiment.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello MosheTLV,

Thanks for your clarification. But my concern is in a single campaign there are multiple experiments are going on... Means, experiment created under 50 - 50 basis but this experiment assigned to different level. Ad copy, Ad Group and keyword level. I cannot pause the experiment under campaign settings. Instead I have paused experimental group of ad copies for 1 test.

Now the question is, I have only control ad copies in this test. Are they serve 100%?

Hope this will clear.

Thanks,
Karim SK.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I would not recommend multiple testings within a single campaign. Statistically, it becomes a multi variable statistical testing, which needs sophisticated tools to analyze. Change only one parameter at a time.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello MosheTLV,

Thanks for your recommendations and spending time to clarify on the things.

Thanks,
Karim SK.