AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords Experiments

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello All,

Here I would like to get some clarification on the Google AdWords experiments. I have created an experiment on 50 - 50 split at ad copy level. If I pause the experimental group of ad copies, then Control group will recieve 100% impressions(I am not changing the status for control ad copies. They will in control mode only)? Or as per the experimental condition will it recieve only 50% impressions?

In the first case it will fine, but the second case happens, will I lose my 50% impressions?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Karim SK.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google AdWords Experiments

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

I agree that this is somewhat confusing;

When you set an experiment you determine the number of impressions of the control (the current ad-copy) vs. the experiment (if you have a large number of impressions you can have a small sampling, i.e a small percentage of the "traffic" could be a statistical sampling for the test.

Once you pause the experiment, technically,  - you are back to the initial conditions. No experiment.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello MosheTLV,

Thanks for your clarification. But my concern is in a single campaign there are multiple experiments are going on... Means, experiment created under 50 - 50 basis but this experiment assigned to different level. Ad copy, Ad Group and keyword level. I cannot pause the experiment under campaign settings. Instead I have paused experimental group of ad copies for 1 test.

Now the question is, I have only control ad copies in this test. Are they serve 100%?

Hope this will clear.

Thanks,
Karim SK.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I would not recommend multiple testings within a single campaign. Statistically, it becomes a multi variable statistical testing, which needs sophisticated tools to analyze. Change only one parameter at a time.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello MosheTLV,

Thanks for your recommendations and spending time to clarify on the things.

Thanks,
Karim SK.