AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords Editor 11 Version

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello All,

When I heard about the Google AdWords Editor new version, I am very excited and expected a lot from this. When I installed and started using, I realized it is very fast and more user friendly. I agree on this. But I dont know why Google has removed some useful features which are there in previous versions? This is highly disappointing on this new version.

For example, in older version if I want to pause some 50 keywords at a time, I will select Advanced Search and then Keywords Matches Exactly and paste those 50 keywords in search box and click OK. Then I will get those 50 keywords in Manager Pane and pause in a single click. Then I am done.

But I did not find this functionality in new Google AdWords Editor 11.0 version. How Google is missing this important feature when upgrading to new version? Or any other way to do this in new version?

Please share if you find how this multiple search work in new version.

Thanks,

Karim SK.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google AdWords Editor 11 Version

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Karimulla,

You'll be happy to know that the feature is still there! You'll first need to select the appropriate level at which you want to conduct the search from the left column and then select one of the keywords options. Next you'll see a search bar towards the top of the page, the screenshot below should help you find both of these -

Untitled3.png

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Scott,

The search you explained above is the default search. In this scenario, you will get all the keywords which contains "gateway". But my requirement is, it should match the exact multiple keywords. For Example, If I search with "VPN Gateway and Buy "VPN Gateway", these 2 only should display in manager pane. Because these 2 only exactly match with the search query. This feature is there in earlier versions but not in the updated one.

Hope, you are clear now.

Thanks,
Karim SK.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I see what you mean now Karimulla.

If I search for "VPN gateway" or "buy VPN gateway" separately then the result will show for each one but searching for them together will produce no results at all. Is that what you are getting also?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Exactly. If we search together in older versions with "Keywords Matches Exactly" option in advanced search, we will get these 2 results.

Karim SK.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I've flagged this just to see whether we can get some more information Karimulla.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Scott.

Karim SK.

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee
This kind of search doesn't exist in Editor 11.0. It will be there in the next release, Editor 11.1

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Thanks for the information @AdWordsEng-Igor!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@AdWordsEng-Igor I'm using version 11.1.2 and I'm still not seeing the option for this kind of search.