AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google AdWords Automated Rules - Automate your AdWords account management

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Automating bids could be harmful, dangerous,counterproductive very expensive and unprofitable. If competing business happen to simultaneously be on automated bid, the system start bidding against itself greatly increasing prices. I recently was being charged $36.00 per clicks that in my industry should never surpass $0.35

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google AdWords Automated Rules - Automate your AdWords account management

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Eduardo C,

Thanks for your input and please be sure that your experience and opinion are highly appreciated. I am not absolutely sure, however, whether you mean automated bid strategies or automated rules for keyword bids. Either way, advertisers are strongly recommended to show restraint and exercise caution before applying automation. You are also strongly advised to accrue a significant amount of performance data by means of manual bidding before considering automation. Right after a switch, a learning period of a few days starts for the algorithms where frequent monitoring is mandatory.

The above said, automation may prove highly efficient and time-saving if properly planned and monitored. It is especially so in cases of accounts where a really great number of keywords / ads / ad groups etc are involved.

Best,

Lakatos