AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ad Services and Doubleclick

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

So, I was thinking these two are from Googel Adwords. I thought Google runs display ads by these two types which we control through our display network campaign in adword account.

Can someone shed some lights on doubleclick? I can see many high traffic websites are showing ads from Doubleclick product. Want to know how I can utilize this product to target my customer.

I am in real estate market so budget is not concern here.

Do let me know...

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mansoor S
September 2015

Re: Google Ad Services and Doubleclick

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Mansoor, 

DoubleClick suits better to businesses which have considerably bigger advertising needs. Think about a business which runs ads across multiple search engines  and network, for such businesses it would be difficult to manage campaigns individually. They will need to go to AdWords to manage ads on Google inventory, and to BingAds to manage ads with Bing, and so....

DoubleClick gives them a consolidated dashboard where they can manage everything from single platform. 

When it comes to features for ads, you usually have almost all features with AdWords as well.

If you are an agency or a business having advanced management and reporting requirements for your consolidated digital marketing efforts, or you are running ads across multiple search engines, you can apply for DoubleClick. However, if you want to use DoubleClick for rather small business, it won't be a good fit as it will be adding overhead to your overall advertising spends. If you think your needs are comprehensive enough to justify the charges for doubleclick, it's always great to use it.

My two cents.

EDIT - 

So are there any marketers using it?

Don't say ANY, there are MANY MANY marketers using it Smiley Happy . As I said, DoubleClicks is a robust platform.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mansoor,

AdWords and Doubclick - these both are from Google, but there's difference.

With AdWords you can advertise on Google Network which combines, Google Search, Search Partners, and Display Network. 

DoubleClick is even more robust and comprehensive. With Doubleclick you can manage your digital marketing in a much more comprehensive way. You can manage your advertising across multiple search engines, viz. Google, Yahoo, Bing etc. through single interface. 

The definition of Doubleclick can be - 

DoubleClick Digital Marketing (DDM) is an integrated ad-technology platform that enables agencies and advertisers to more effectively create, manage and grow high-impact digital marketing campaigns. DDM integrates world-class solutions to help buyers run holistic campaigns across multiple channels.

Source - http://www.google.com/doubleclick/advertisers/solutions/index.html

In short, you can manage all your ads from AdWords, BingAds etc with DoubleClick and will get enhanced insights into the performance. 

You are also required to pay to use the platform of DoubleClick. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan, Thanks for replying.

So are there any marketers using it. I see this is the way better than normal google display ads. I also see that many high traffic websites like indiatimes showing ads by Doubleclick medium on their website. If this is the case do you I should also try Doubleclick?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mansoor S
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Mansoor, 

DoubleClick suits better to businesses which have considerably bigger advertising needs. Think about a business which runs ads across multiple search engines  and network, for such businesses it would be difficult to manage campaigns individually. They will need to go to AdWords to manage ads on Google inventory, and to BingAds to manage ads with Bing, and so....

DoubleClick gives them a consolidated dashboard where they can manage everything from single platform. 

When it comes to features for ads, you usually have almost all features with AdWords as well.

If you are an agency or a business having advanced management and reporting requirements for your consolidated digital marketing efforts, or you are running ads across multiple search engines, you can apply for DoubleClick. However, if you want to use DoubleClick for rather small business, it won't be a good fit as it will be adding overhead to your overall advertising spends. If you think your needs are comprehensive enough to justify the charges for doubleclick, it's always great to use it.

My two cents.

EDIT - 

So are there any marketers using it?

Don't say ANY, there are MANY MANY marketers using it Smiley Happy . As I said, DoubleClicks is a robust platform.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

In short:"The online adverting ocean is big". Though Google is a major player there are many other adverting platforms out there.

Doubleclick offers an advertiser with big budgets a wide variety of buying media options: It offers Real Time Bidding, (RTB) it serves as an ad exchange and also as an ad server. This is a  different "world", bigger  than Adwords....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Trying to contact Double click for long time but can't get through.

Submitted their contact form almost a dozens of times but no one has ever contact yet.

Please help. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

contact your adwords account manager, they may help you get direct email address of contact.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’