AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Good Ad Position but low CTR

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a account with Adwords and  have been very happy with my Campaign till last week. Recently I closed down my previous campaign which was very successful although the CTR was low. To increase the CTR I decided to design a new campaign with the sole intention of increasing the Quality Score. I designed the campaign and the Quality Score did improve.Today I have the number one ad position and over 1200 impressions.However I haven't received a single click in the process which is quite strange. I am using the same keywords which I had been using earlier so there is no possibility of the keywords being irrelevant or anything like that.I am at my wits end and unable to figure out what went wrong....

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Good Ad Position but low CTR

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi AbhiShek, and welcome to the forum!

You say your previous CTR was low, at the previous rate, how many clicks might you have expected from 1200 clicks?

You've also said "today" - is it possible you're simply not seeing up-to-date information?  Both Analytics* and Adwords have some delay in reporting and while I'd normally expect impressions and clicks to be updated at the same time, it may be they're not.

*(although Analytics now has a very funky new "live" feature)

Is it possible that a seasonal or daily effect is causing the variation?  Can you examine your old data to see if there were variations in CTR/clicks over certain days/hours?

Please keep us up to date with your findings!

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I Am sorry but I did not mean to say that it is for 'Today"...It has now become a feature for over a week now.. Excellent Ad Positions but no clicks....

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

That is odd.  I'd expect even a poorly written, poorly relevant ad to get some clicks after 1200 impressions in the Top position...

Are your ads all approved status?

Are you using any ads from the old campaign or are they all different?  If they're all different I'd be inclined to throw in your best performing ad from the old campaign for a few days.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits