AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Gmail video ads

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I´ve seen (since a week or so) that it is possible to add a video to your Gmail ad template, instead of just an image (I am not referring to custom html Gmail ad, by which you could always add a video).
However, it´s not clear to me if this video will (auto?) play in the mail utself, or if it will just be an image looking like a video, which if you click it will send you to the video on YouTube. Because that is how it appears in the preview...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Gmail video ads

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi David,

You can find the answer at the bottom of this Help Center article about Custom HTML for Gmail ads--essentially, the video will play in a lightbox in Gmail when a user clicks on the video still.

Hope this helps,

Cassie

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

That refers to the custom HTML ad, and what I´ve seen recently and refer to is that you can insert a video (or rather: youtube-url) in a static gmail ad template.

/ David

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
I just saw one os those ads in my own Inbox and on my desktop it poped up to play, but in my mobile it opened the YouTube app instead