AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Gmail video ads

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I´ve seen (since a week or so) that it is possible to add a video to your Gmail ad template, instead of just an image (I am not referring to custom html Gmail ad, by which you could always add a video).
However, it´s not clear to me if this video will (auto?) play in the mail utself, or if it will just be an image looking like a video, which if you click it will send you to the video on YouTube. Because that is how it appears in the preview...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Gmail video ads

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi David,

You can find the answer at the bottom of this Help Center article about Custom HTML for Gmail ads--essentially, the video will play in a lightbox in Gmail when a user clicks on the video still.

Hope this helps,

Cassie

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

That refers to the custom HTML ad, and what I´ve seen recently and refer to is that you can insert a video (or rather: youtube-url) in a static gmail ad template.

/ David

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
I just saw one os those ads in my own Inbox and on my desktop it poped up to play, but in my mobile it opened the YouTube app instead