AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Gmail Sponsored Promotions - include a .php?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am creating a Gmail Sponsored Promotion for the company I work for and they have asked for it to include a form. I have set this up but then realised the specs don't mention if I can include a .php file in the zipped folder so it can send the form information to our dedicated email address. Is it possible to do this and if not, is the another way of doing it which doesn't involve a .php or .asp being put on our website to link the send button to?

Many thanks

Emma Williams

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Emma W
September 2015

Re: Gmail Sponsored Promotions - include a .php?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Emma
Unfortunately, Google will not host the form submit handler. This needs to be on your site. Google does not handle any data for you in this regard.

There are a thousand reasons you'd want to to have the form handler on your own site anyway so it's a good idea in general. Your zip validation will fail if there's a PHP file in there.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Emma W
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Emma
Unfortunately, Google will not host the form submit handler. This needs to be on your site. Google does not handle any data for you in this regard.

There are a thousand reasons you'd want to to have the form handler on your own site anyway so it's a good idea in general. Your zip validation will fail if there's a PHP file in there.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
Thank you, it's a shame I can't as that would of been easier and we probably won't put a form on our GSP now and just link to a quote page on our website instead.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Emma.
I'd actually recommend against that. I'd go to the effort of using the form. In my experience, conversion/form fill rates are much much better if you don't force them to your site first.

If you need some help with the form processor, I'd be happy to help you with it here. Perhaps others may find the resolution useful in future.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dave,
I agree it would be better but I have no access to our servers to put an .asp on it and it is not something I am experienced in as I only deal with HTML jobs. Those who could do it and run our website are not available for a few weeks so it will either have to wait or the idea dropped. Thank you for your offer of assisting me but without access to our servers I am not sure how you could help with this.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Emma,

Form based GSP mailer will become obsolete in May'2015.