AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Gmail Ad that expands

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been recently noticing some ads within Gmail that expand directly within my Inbox.  Does anyone know what type of ad this is?  Thanks in advance

Screen Shot 2013-02-10 at 2.30.19 PM.png

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Gmail Ad that expands

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Are you sure that this is a Google ad?

When saying "expand directly within my Inbox" do you mean that see the ad when opening the email message? - if this is the case, I suspect that is a spam email.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm positive its an Ad. This is actually the result of clicking an ad in the top banner above my email.  When clicked the ad was shown as seen in the screen shot.

100% sure this was NOT an email itself.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Does it say Google ads?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello. They're GMail sponsored promotions: http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2095222/Will-New-Gmail-Ad-Formats-Be-Totally-Worth-Dating-Engag...

Troubled me so much when I first saw them that I wrote a blog article about them.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Calin;

Doesn't it say "ads by Google" at the top?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

It says "Ads - Why these ads?" and "More promotions".

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Calin,

I noted that it is a Google Offer...  How would one go about setting one of these up?

Thanks!