AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Giving Client Exclusive Control Over Daily Budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are setting up a PPC Management service centred on Adwords and are going to ask clients to put in their credit card details and prepay.

Is there any way in which the client can exclusively control the amount spent per month?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Lucky Balaraman

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Giving Client Exclusive Control Over Daily Budget

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello magnumgrp1;

The client is the owner of the account. (If you use the client's credit card). You are a management agency, granted an administrative access to the account, and linked it to your MCC.

As an owner, the client has full access to all the account's tools and settings.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Moshe rasies a good point. But one thing I would add would be to make sure that your client is an Administrator on the account. This will mean they have a good level of control over the account. 

The client will be able to control the spend by making manual payments to the account, and will be able to control the spend of each of their campaigns by setting the daily budget. 

Hope this helps!

A. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your input, Moshe. As client manager of our MCC, will it be possible for us to make a prepay payment from the client's account? (I hope not, else the risk will scare off potential clients!)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for that, Alys. But can you confirm that we, as the MCC owner, are not permitted to make a payment from a client's account?

On a related note, what access level do we give clients on our MCC?

Thanks in advance for your advice, Alys ---

Lucky
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author magnumgrp1
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Yes ; if you are granted administrative access (required to run the account properly ), you will be able to make a payment .

Well...some level of trust is needed between a client and an account manager....If the client is that suspicious, I see no alternative, but letting the client runs the account by itself...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author magnumgrp1
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

I'd like to echo Moshe's reply (sorry Moshe, I seem to be doing this a lot at the moment).  

If you're going to be running a client's Adwords account on their behalf, they must be able to trust you.  Even if there were some way you were restricted from making payments, you would always be a position to make poor choices and spend their existing prepay unwisely.

If a client is particularly worried about this aspect I would point out to them that they will always retain complete and total access to, and control over, their account and, of course, that any payments you do take from the card can only be used on Adwords - you can't buy a new Aston Martin for yourself.  Should they wish to do so they can examine it every day to check what you are doing, although this would not be a very trusting relationship.  Alternatively, there are prepay cards now (at least here in the UK), which have money deposited "in" them in advance, then operate as normal credit cards.  Perhaps this is another option for the nervous client.

However, as Moshe has suggested, if a client thinks you're going to cheat him in some way, it's unlikely he'll let you run his Adwords account in the first place.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your answer, Moshe. I'd like to mark it as the preferred answer, but that button disappeared when I replied to your first post...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Found the button and clicked it. Thanks again!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Cobnut, thank you for seconding Moshe's opinion. With both you experts saying the same thing, I know I have the correct way forward!