AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Getting clicks and impressions but Can't see the ads in google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My query is regarding ads appearance, i am getting impressions and clicks on my keyphrases but when i am searching my ads in Google by typing in the keyphrases, i can't see my ads.

Please help me.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Getting clicks and impressions but Can't see the ads in google

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

You can use the Ad Preview tool to check you ads, if you are running your ads in the Search Network.

https://adwords.google.com/d/AdPreview/?__u=1000000000&__c=1000000000

Hope this helps,

Info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

for my most of the keyphrases my ads are showing as per the preview and diagnosis tool.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

Using Ad preview tool is the ideal way to check your ads, as it will not affect your impression/CTR statistics.

But still if you want to see your ads on Google SERP, try deleting your cookies and check again.

Info

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi NickCarraway,

The Ad Preview tool is your friend, it will not lie to you. If it says your ads a showing, they are. When it show your ad, that's what it looks like.

There are many reasons why your ad would not show when you do a live Google search, one of them being you never click on your own ad. Google knows that! The point of showing the ads is to get clicks. When you don't click on your own ad, sooner or later Google figures you're just not interested in that offer, so they stop showing you that ad and might show you something else instead. Then there is targeting--are you sure you are your own target?

Bottom line is, if you want to see your ad or if you want to know if your ad shows for a particular search query, use the Ad Preview Tool. It will show you what other people see and not a set of results customized just for you.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords