AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Getting better insight on display assists

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to use a third party service to track my display impressions (even if they are not clicked.)

However, I can't find a way to add third-party tracking pixel information in my AdWords Display campaigns or creatives.

How do I do this?

Re: Getting better insight on display assists

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jon, in AdWords third-party pixels not supported, but your third-party service can download impressions by AdWords API.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the suggestion.
I can't find a report that gives me per-user trackable information in the API, though.
What I need to know is not "how many impressions did I have," but "which user had what impressions, and then ended up on my site through whatever means (for example, later typing the URL into the browser address bar.)"
If you can point me at a report that actually lets me answer that question, that would be great!
To be clear: I'm doing great at tracking users on my site. It's trying to figure out how they get there, when they don't immediately click on an adword or banner to do so, that's the hard part.

If AdWords Display cannot do this, then perhaps there is another tool that can?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Jon, thats all about AdWords. More powerfull can be DoubleClick, but I'm really don't know.