AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Getting a list of the adgroups using a particular sitelink extension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My list of sitelink extensions is quite modest, numbering about 50. However, I would like to delete those that are not used by any adgroup. How can I get a report which tells me which adgroups (if any) use a particular sitelink extension?

David

Re: Getting a list of the adgroups using a particular sitelink extensi

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello David L, Welcome to the Community

You can filter the campaign level extensions which are not used in any ad group by clicking on the "Filter button" and setting a rule such as  "Impressions = zero" , for a time frame of "all time".

These are either sitelinks which did not show up near the Ad because of the low ad positions or simply not used sitelinks.

As long as you have 50 of them asigned to a campaign, the system can pick any to show with an Ad, from all ad groups.

If you want to make a list of asigned sitelinks per ad group , Under the Sitelinks there is an option to view them by ad group here :

sitelinks-per-ad-group.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the suggestions.

The problem I have is that it's easy to pick a particular Adgroup and see the sitelink extensions which are assigned to it, but it seems not easy to pick a sitelink extension and see a list of the Adgroups (and/or campaigns) which use it.

It would be very good to have such a report (i.e. for each sitelink extension, see a list of the Adgroups in which it appears). I cannot find one.

David

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I think you can do this.

Select a large time frame such as "All time"

Click on the left on "All online campaigns" so that you are not positioned only on a particular campaign. Now from the center menu click on "Ad extensions".

From the "Columns" button choose "Customise columns" and from the "Level of detail" add the columns" "Campaign" and "Ad group".

Now click on the header of the table to arrange sitelinks in alphabetical order and there you have it Smiley Happy , for each of the sitelinks you get to see every ad group where they are applied and the statistics.

To see a more clean result, download the report and resize the columns.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is good. Thank you.

David