AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Getting Visits in Audience but no list size

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

After setting up a Remarketing tag on website, it says Your Tag is Active and while click on details it shows 120 visits as well, but list size is not getting increased says "updating". 

Why the list size is not showing up that 120 visits, which I am getting in Tag Details ?

Thanks

Puneet

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Getting Visits in Audience but no list size

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello there;
For some reason the list is updated in "steps" and not gradually. I have seen this also happening. Give it a few days it should be "sorted out".

Edited : A colleague of mine had a case in which  it took over a week

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

To clarify, there are 2 places where you can look at visitors generated by the adwords remarketing tag . One place is where you mentioned, after clicking the "Details" button in the tag. That information is explained here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3103509?hl=en

"At the top of the Details section of the Remarketing tag box, you'll find the total number of visits since the tag was implemented." . This means that it shows all unique visits since the Tag was implemented without filtering.

The second place to look at audiences is the audiences tab which has 2 columns , one for Search and one for Display. When you create an audience, you usually use filters to reach only a specific segment of your visitors, for example you can use a rule to restrict the list only to those who visited an URL or you can use custom rules to restrict the list only to visitors who did not convert. Because of this , the numbers that you see in this second place can be smaller than the total number of tagged visitors that you see in the Details button.

To diagnose this I have to ask the following :

1) When was the Tag implemented ? If it says "updating" I think it was implemented less than 24 hours and it has rules , this is why it needs at least 48 hours to update and generate numbers.

2) Does your audience in the "Audiences" tab use Rules or is it a tag for "All visitors" ?

3) Do you use custom parameters in the tag ? I ask this because custom parameters can narrow the visitor list and implementing them can generate errors. On the same link that I inserted above it describes how custom parameters are usually implemented in the adwords Tag.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello there;
For some reason the list is updated in "steps" and not gradually. I have seen this also happening. Give it a few days it should be "sorted out".

Edited : A colleague of mine had a case in which  it took over a week

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Adrian,

I implemented the Tag on website 2 day ago, which is more than 24 Hours.
Currently I am not using any custom combination and the Tag is for "All Visitors".

Thanks
Puneet

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

In this case let's go with Moshe's advice and wait until Monday. 

I did notice the green almost transparent text at the bottom of the Audiences page . It says :

"Reporting is not real-time. Clicks and impressions received in the last three hours may not be included here. There is an 18+ hour delay for some metrics.

I also created a test audience now to see how long it takes. On the first "Search" column it shows two lines like this -- and on the second "List size (Display Network)" column it shows "Updating..."

@MosheTLV

Is this one of the cases when I provide a long and confusing response ? I want to learn how to write better , this is why I ask. 

Do you prefer that I exit a conversation when you join it ? This is what I understand from our last exchange of words.

Please use my name Adrian instead of Adrain, like last time ( and many more ). This is to me like saying "Osama" instead of "Obama" . Why am I the ONLY user who's name you mistype ?

Thank you for the kind guidance and have a nice weekend.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Weird results for my test :

1. At first the "Details button" showed over 200 "total visits" now it shows "27 total visits" as if it is updated daily or weekly. I found no reference about the data freshness of this info.

2. On the lower right corner of the "Details button" I have a message that says "Last updated Aug 24, 2013 Updates can take 24 hours " but today is 26....

3. The test audience should have had at least 100 visitors in the "Display" column according to a Google Analytics filter , instead now it doesn't say "updating" it only has " -- " these two lines which mean 0 data.

However These are my particular findings they may not match with what you find in your account . This is the end of my test, good luck !