AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Getting Runtime cost of an Google Adwords Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to get real time total cost spent on a particualr adwords campaign during anytime of the day??

Is there any API method to get this data?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vikash A
September 2015

Re: Getting Runtime cost of an Google Adwords Campaign

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

In addition to Pankaj's accurate reply, let me add that "real time" data is not available for AdWords performance,not even through the API.

Ads are served through multiple servers around the world. Data is periodically sent from those servers to a central location where it's formatted and posted into the AdWords UI or made available for API access. (That's not exactly how it works but it's an easy way to think about the process.)

Using API access can get you access to data more quickly than the AdWords interface "sees" it but it's not going to be 100% "real time."

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Vikash,

For API related queries, there is a dedicated AdWords API forum. This is the link to it: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/adwords-api

You might want to post it over there for better insights.

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vikash A
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

In addition to Pankaj's accurate reply, let me add that "real time" data is not available for AdWords performance,not even through the API.

Ads are served through multiple servers around the world. Data is periodically sent from those servers to a central location where it's formatted and posted into the AdWords UI or made available for API access. (That's not exactly how it works but it's an easy way to think about the process.)

Using API access can get you access to data more quickly than the AdWords interface "sees" it but it's not going to be 100% "real time."

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*