AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Getting Paid for All views in In-stream Ads

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

In one of my Video campaign, I am running only In-stream Ads. Till now I got 6 views with 48 impressions. I am getting charged for all 6 views but the report says that only 13% of users played 100% video. My video Ad length is 30 secs only. As per my information in In-stream Ads you will be getting charged only when the user views at least 30 secs of the video or complete video if its shorter than 30 sec.
My question is that why I am getting charged for all 6 views, where only 13% users viewed my complete video ad.

Thanks
Puneet

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author puneetdceengg
September 2015

Re: Getting Paid for All views in In-stream Ads

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi Puneet,

Here's the clarification:

You said "13% of that 6 views, saw my Ad completely." That's incorrect.

13% of the people that saw your ad (the 48 impressions) watched it in its entirety.

The percentage is connected to impressions not views.

In your case, something doesn't become a "view" until people watch 100% of the video. So 13% of 48 impressions watched the ad entirely, hence your 6 views.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Puneet, 

This 13% number is the amount of views you got from the total number of impressions you had, ie. 13% of 48 is 6. We have therefore only charged you for the 6 people who viewed your ad for 30 seconds. 

I hope this helps to clarify your issue but please let us know if you have any further questions about this. 

- Hannah

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Hannah,

Thanks for your reply. According to you 48 are views but not the impressions, then why this data is coming under impression column and if these are not impressions, then from where i will be getting details of them.

Thanks
Puneet

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Puneet, 

Sorry for not being clear. 

You had 6 views from 48 impressions. The 13% number is the amount of people who viewed your ad from the total number of impressions you received. Therefore 13% of the 48 people who saw your ad, actually viewed it. 

I hope that makes it a bit more clear. 

Hannah

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Hannah,

Sorry but i am a bit confused..Smiley Happy
As I understand from the reports, I had 6 views and 13% of that 6 views, saw my Ad completely. So I should be charged for 13% of 6 views, not for 13% of 48 impressions because they were only impressions and only 6 users clicked my Ads.
I hope my question is clear to you.

Thanks
Puneet
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author puneetdceengg
September 2015

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi Puneet,

Here's the clarification:

You said "13% of that 6 views, saw my Ad completely." That's incorrect.

13% of the people that saw your ad (the 48 impressions) watched it in its entirety.

The percentage is connected to impressions not views.

In your case, something doesn't become a "view" until people watch 100% of the video. So 13% of 48 impressions watched the ad entirely, hence your 6 views.

Hope that helps!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Coco,

Thanks for the clarification. As you said something doesn't become a "view" until people watch 100% of the video, so here you are talking about Trueview Instream Ads or all type of the Ads in Youtube.

Regards
Puneet

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
Just instream and just your specific scenario (because you said your video is only 30 seconds long). This resource gives a breakdown of each ad format and when you would pay: http://static.googleusercontent.com/external_content/untrusted_dlcp/www.youtube.com/en/us/yt/adverti...