AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Getting Less Impression on my Call Only Campaign

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Greetings of the day!

I am having one call only campaign but getting very less impression as compare to my search campaign. In search campaign i am getting more then 3-4K impression in one day but call only campaign getting 300-400 impression max.

Majorly Keywords like [flights to orlando], "cheap flights to orlando". I am using phrase & exact keywords type.

Can anyone help me. How to increase.

One more thing.

In call only campaign i create phone call conversion for reporting. I am getting 10-15 clicks every day but 4-5 calls only.

Some one told me in this call only campaigns anybody click--> connect call, after that i pay for this click. But nothing is happening here, getting fake click like search campaigns

Please update.

Thanks

Ashwani Kumar

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ashwani Kumar
September 2015

Re: Getting Less Impression on my Call Only Campaign

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Ashwani,

Pankaj gave a very good overview of the issues at hand, and I second everything he's said.

The only small part I would add is that your regular search campaigns could be potentially taking away traffic from your call only campaigns. In other words, if your mobile bids in the search campaigns are much higher than the bids on your call only campaigns (especially if you have mobile bid adjustments), and you're bidding on very similar keywords, then your search campaigns could potentially be competing with your call only campaigns and taking away mobile traffic. That's my only other thought.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ashwani,

I think this is common. You won't get the large number of impressions and cannot compare a call only campaign with regular search campaign. That's because your call only campaign is intended for users who are using devices capable of making phone calls. On the contrary your regular search campaign is intended for all users by default that is desktop users, mobile users, tab users etc...

About your second question, if I understood correctly chances are that users are clicking on call button, but are not completing the call process. That's why you have more clicks, but less phone calls. Another reason could be if you have set any phone call conversion minimum time duration (i.e. 60 secs for example), then only those phone calls will be recorded as conversions that met this minimum threshold.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ashwani Kumar
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Ashwani,

Pankaj gave a very good overview of the issues at hand, and I second everything he's said.

The only small part I would add is that your regular search campaigns could be potentially taking away traffic from your call only campaigns. In other words, if your mobile bids in the search campaigns are much higher than the bids on your call only campaigns (especially if you have mobile bid adjustments), and you're bidding on very similar keywords, then your search campaigns could potentially be competing with your call only campaigns and taking away mobile traffic. That's my only other thought.

Hope this helps.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes Alexander & Pankaj, I am thinking the same thing. For these kind of keywords which i mention above the bid for top 3 position is £10-£12.

The same thing i am doing with my search only campaign, i just increase my mobile bid adjustment i am getting top position in under £2-£3. Also i am getting the click to call (Call Extension) here.

Thanks