AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Getting Conversion from non-targeted areas

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

I am Running a Content Campaigns(Text ads) with Delhi & Punjab Targeted. But i am getting More than 50% Leads other than Delhi-NCR and Punjab(especially Mumbai, Andhra pradesh, Rajasthan, Bihar, Tamilnadu).Where as in advance Location Setting i have set "People in, searching for or viewing pages about my targeted location (recommended)"  in My Campaigns. 

How is it possible...or what is the necessary action that i need to take to refine my Traffic?

Rakesh

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Getting Conversion from non-targeted areas

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Rakesh, Welcome to the Community.

Check the location setting of your campaign, at Advance Location Targeting, click on edit next to Target option, if you select the Target using either physical location or search intent (recommended), then your ads show to users located in your targeted area and to users who include terms specific to your targeted area within their search.

In order to avoid clicks from other location you can select the second option which is Target using physical location: Device-based location signals.

If the advertiser chooses the option "Device-based location signals" then the ads will be shown only in the areas targeted (in your case Delhi and Punjab). 

This link helps you better understand about the advanced targeting features. 

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722038&from=189075&rd=1

Thanks and Regards,

Nikit