AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Getting Clicks but not calls? What will be the reason?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello To all,

I am working on one tech support campaign for one of my client for which i need the call leads, but i am getting the clicks for the same but not the calls, i don't know what is the cause behind that. I have optimised my campaign fully and the landing page also. Can anybody help me into this and let me know the reason?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Getting Clicks but not calls? What will be the reason?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi William, that's a big question!  First off, what sort of figures are we talking about?  How many clicks have there been?  A very very vague average figure for conversions might only be 2-5% so you might need 50 clicks or so to get a call (conversion).

Assuming you've got a decent number of clicks, how are you measuring the actual calls?  Are they all handled through AdWords or a third-party call-forwarding system?  In short, how do you know you're not getting any calls (assuming the answer isn't that the phone hasn't rung at all!).

If this is all good, then the most common answers to a lack of conversions - any type, calls, sales, sign-ups, etc. - are that:

1)  The product isn't what the customer was looking for.  Check your keywords, your Ad copy.

2)  The product is too expensive.

3)  You have a more attractive competitor

4)  The website is unfriendly/broken/unusable.

In this particular case I'd add on the possibility that people don't want a call-only option.  I hate having to call companies because it wastes so much of my time.  I can dash of an email explaining my situation in great detail, and which acts as a record of the request, while doing 5 other things.  Could it be that your visitors are put off by not having another option?

I'd also look at your time-lag.  How long has the Campaign been running?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi conbut thanks for the reply..Actually i have just made the campaign yesterday for my client and we run our campaign for around 3-4 hours, and we got 21 clicks in that but not any single call so after that my client paused that campaign by saying the campaign is not giving any worth. And, These calls are handled by the third party call-forwarding system only. So, is there any solution then please help me out..

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi William S.

If I may add more to what Jon has already posted in his expert opinion! Smiley Happy

Please pay attention to Jon's two very important points:

1)  The product isn't what the customer was looking for.  Check your keywords, your Ad copy.

Because I've been through what you or your client is going through right now. My keywords and Ad Copies were all over the place. I got over 30 clicks without any calls/emails. There was a great deal of irrelevancy among my ad copies, the ads that were triggered on clicks and another very important factor – keywords match types.

According to some experts here first week is a 'discovery phase' thus it's too early to give up and according to Google Engage it takes at least three weeks worth of data to even look into optimizing your campaign.

4)  The website is unfriendly/broken/unusable.

Once visitors land on your client's website, where do they end up? Have you created ad copy-specific dedicated landing pages? Do your landing pages talk about what's in the ad copy? Do you have email forms ready to go on landing pages? Whereabouts are the contact numbers located on the page?

When first starting up, it is recommended that you run your campaigns 24/7 for probably a week or so to give yourself the opportunity to tune and tweak the outcome. Clicks that you got out of 3-4 hours run were probably not the qualified ones. You probably missed out on qualified and quality clicks outside those 3-4 hours.

I wouldn’t give up this early. At least you’ve come to the right place for help. You will receive pretty good yet priceless support on this forum.

Welcome to the club Smiley Happy