AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Geolocation for local biz retargeting? Yes or no?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, let's say I have a retargeting campaign for a local business where all transactions are done at that business.

It seems there are two schools of thought for geolocation targeting on top of retargeting. Because it's a local business - always use geolocation.

Otherwise, because the traffic for the local business is already targeted to the business (it's retargeting), geolocation scrapes off visitors since geotargeting is not 100% accurate.

Thoughts?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Geolocation for local biz retargeting? Yes or no?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Valters,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

Yes, you're right. Location targeting would limit your remarketing audience. I'd suggest not to use any kind of restriction (like location targeting) as re-marketing itself means you are targeting users who've visited your website already.

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
It can play both ways. Not having any targeting method but focusing on all the audience will give you a better reach but you have to think how much that rezch is relavent to your audience and how your KPIs works with it.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Valters,

While it makes sense that you don't need to add geotargeting to a retargeting campaign but I would always use it as a precaution. Geo Targeting here will ensure there is no spillage of your ads over to any users outside your geo.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"