AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Geo Targeting by Radius in Keyword Planner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to use Keyword Planner to compare the suggested bid price for keywords when targeting by different locations. I can set the location to a city, county or country within Keyword Planner but not to a radius from a postcode.

I know that you can target ads by a set radius from a postcode but is there a way of getting information on the suggested bid price beforehand?

Hope that makes sense! I'm new to using Adwords so would appreciate any advice you can offer on this. Many thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Geo Targeting by Radius in Keyword Planner

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Geo target by postal code is available only in Canada, the USA and GB
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/geotargeting
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your response. I am in the UK. I can geo target ads by postcode but what I am trying to do is look at suggested bid prices for keywords by postcode. In Keyword Planner it only gives me the option to set the location as a country, region or city, there is no postcode option. Is there any other way of doing this?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sian S
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Sian S;

Correct;  Postal code targeting is too narrow, and the data  has no  strong statistical confidence to be published by Google.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay, thanks for your help!