AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Generate ads dynamically based on visited products

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We would like to generate ads dynamically based on products visitor has viewed (like remarketing). E.g. he is at page about Samsung Galaxy S3. We want to target him with banner offering Samsung S3 in display network.

Sure, it is possible to create manually banner and remarketing group. But it is not suitable for e-shop with thousands of products.

Is there any solution? My idea is to have same “template banner”, in which the product name is generated product name and photo dynamically based on visitors behavior on site (pages visited).

Thank you in advance for your suggestions

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Generate ads dynamically based on visited products

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
What comes to my mind on the moment, is that you should be able to do out externally on your ecommerce platform.

Or, set up a Google remarketing campaign and place the tag on the general category page which will generally reach most of your customers.

Will have a deeper look into this, sounds like an interesting idea.

Re: Generate ads dynamically based on visited products

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Jirka_Wetter,

That is not possible at this time. You can not use DKI on the DN and you can not use DKI with image ads. I agree, that could turn into a lot of remarketing campaigns and could be difficult to manage. But, that seems to be your only option at this time. I would start with your most popular products with a good profit margin. Setup your remarketing campaigns based product pages visited. Give them a little time to accumulate members, impressions and clicks. Then measure your results. If you have a positive ROI on those products, go a bit deeper into your product list.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords