AdWords
6.7K members online now
6.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Gender exclusion or gender targeting?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear All,

can you please confirm that the “Demographic” option under “Setting” (bottom page), has nothing to do with the gender exclusion under “Display network”tab?

The second one is the only targeting option, right?

I am a bit confused at the moment and need to be reassured!

Cheers,

floriana

Re: Gender exclusion or gender targeting?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

I am not entirely sure what you are asking but if you are talking about follwing screenshot

With this tool you can excludes genders and ages you dont want to target. This will only work on display network and not on Search more info at http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2601388

Hope this helps 

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

You can exclude by gender, age group, or both

Please refer to this article:

Exclude by gender

More Power,
Loraine

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry this is NOT the solution of my question.

which part is not clear? I guess we all have the same tabs in the account. Am I wrong?

thanks for helping!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi floriana,

Would it be possible for you to provide a screenshot of the Gender exclusion section under the 'Display Network' tab please? The only tab I am aware of is the 'Demographic' option under the 'Settings' tab.

I can then take a look into the matter for you.

Thanks!

Natasha

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Natasha, don t know why but can´t copy-paste my screenshot in here...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi floriana,

You may need to host your screenshot on another site similar to the one 'theniks' posted previously on this thread, and then provide us with the link.

If you are having trouble completing this, do feel free to give us a call on the correct number found here and we'll be happy to walk you through your account over the phone Smiley Happy

Natasha

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

other than the Google support link, i don t see any other one in theniks post Smiley Sad

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey floriana,

No worries. You could put your picture into a Picasa album and share the link with us. Or the one 'theniks' used was picpaste.com. I have never used this site before and would encourage you to make sure you are happy with their terms and conditions before using it, but this is another option you may want to try.

And of course, if you are struggling with it, do just give us a call Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Natasha

Spoiler

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭