AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

GSP in Google Adwords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

So I have whitelisted for Gmail Sponsored Promotion and my Adwords manager had sent me this email with details on how to use GSP with adwords? (I thought GSP has separate account from google as mentioned below)

I read in tutorials that you can target people by domains, email list and other method but these targeting options are not available in Google adwords.

Is there separate account for GSP https://www.google.com/ads/gsp/

And

If I want to use GSP with my adword account how can I use those targeting methods (email list, domains etc)?

So can anyone clear my doubts?

Thanks,

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mansoor S
September 2015

Re: GSP in Google Adwords

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Shashank,

Yes, These features is not available now in GSP AdWords Gallary. In Addition of this there were several terminology hav been changed.

E.g 1.) Sender Name has been changed into Advertisers.
2.) Teasor Title has been changed into Subject.
3) Teaser Body into Description
4.) Teaser redirect URL into Landing Page / Destination URL
5.) Teaser image into Logo

About the current targeting availability, you can check in the below link.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6105478?ctx=tltp

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mansoor,

Yes, Now GSP is now integrated into AdWords UI. https://www.google.com/ads/gsp/ was the previous versions, that only accept Singapore and USA billing address.

Also there were several features had been sunset and new features have been added in new Interface. Thus. domains targeting feature is no longer available.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Rakesh,

Are you saying that the Whitelisted GSP accounts in India do not have the Domain targeting option ?

If that is the case then that is a huge disappointment as I have ran some GSP accounts soley on Domain targeting that have done well.

Can you elaborate on the other targeting methods that are available or not available on the Whitelisted GSP accounts?

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shashank,

I have just spoke with my google adwords manager who help me whitelist GSP account in adwords.

This is what she said:
Old GSP interface is no longer available to new GSP accounts and it is merge in Google adwords. As a effect you can not target more than one placement except mail.gmail.com.
And you can only target as you do for display marketing. You can't add domains, email list to target audience.

You also wont able to create form based emailer for GSP as there is no option to upload it in Google adwords.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Thanks for this Mansoor.

I was aware of most of this except for the unavailability of Domain Targeting on the new GSP accounts. In any case, thanks for sharing this here. I am sure it will help a lot of new GSP users to understand if GSP is something that they should be trying for their accounts or no.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mansoor S
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Shashank,

Yes, These features is not available now in GSP AdWords Gallary. In Addition of this there were several terminology hav been changed.

E.g 1.) Sender Name has been changed into Advertisers.
2.) Teasor Title has been changed into Subject.
3) Teaser Body into Description
4.) Teaser redirect URL into Landing Page / Destination URL
5.) Teaser image into Logo

About the current targeting availability, you can check in the below link.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6105478?ctx=tltp

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

I am not sure if this information is true, could someone from Google confirm.
As per information we have received is, it will still have domain targeting.

Setting -
Placements - mail.google.com
Keywords - domainnames.com

Though what has been dropped much earlier was email list targeting, that feature has been removed much earlier.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mihir,

Are you talking about GSP in Adwords?
If yes, then I dont see any option to target by domains as you mentioned here Keywords - domainnames.com
Are you meant to put domains in keyword section? I think its not going to accept.

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
Hi Mihir,

The way that you have put this across, it seems that you may be a bit confused here. Let me see if I can help you clear things out.

1. When you run a GSP in AdWords or Whitelisted GSP campaign, you are actually running a Display Network campaign in your existing account

2. To target users in their Gmail Inbox, you have to add 'mail.google.com' as a managed placement to the GSP campaign. If you do not add this, you are not running a GSP campaign but a normal GDN campaign

3. If you want to target domains via keyword contextual targeting, technically you can do that but remember just like a normal GDN campaign, adding Keywords to a campaign will result in you targeting your users using a layering of Keywords and then Placements i.e. mail.google.com

4. By adding Keywords, you will be narrowing down you targeting to just the users who have received mails or have mails in their inbox that have the targeted domain names in them.

If you were to run a competitor campaign with all your competitor domains targeted as keywords, then it makes sense to take this step but if you want to maximize your visibility as much as possible, you need to add relevant keyword themes to your targeting and not just competitor domain names.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Domain in Keyword is the way it works for GSP in Adwords