AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

GSP campaign - own HTML-only form - where to get and how to embed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to collect user's contact data it my own custom HTML5-page that I upload into my GSP campaign. The question that is not much covered in the docs is where to host a form that would accept this data. The problem is that most services provide javascript-enabled forms or iframe forms. But both are unsupported inside a GSP ad. Another question is how to place Privacy statement so that it doesn't fill two screens but stay under a spoiler - also without any javascript.

Any real-life examples are apprecieted.

GSP Custom HTML Ads with Form Unable to Save

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK, and what to do in May 2017 with this situation? Anyone may upload their own HTML templates but embedding of forms is still prohibited by default and tech support is now allowed to change it. Who does?

Gmail Ads - You do not have access to upload forms in your creatives. Please contact your account ma

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has anything changed at your side since? I had the same problem. Nobody knows how to activate the feature. Tech support is just not allowed to. I guess the only way to at least try to reach someone who might be able to do that is to send some angry feedback from that screen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

All right, so it looks like nobody knows what to do with it. I managed to get a script that would process the HTML form integrated in the template inside a GSP ad but... now I receive an error message saying:

You do not have access to upload forms in your creatives. Please contact your account manager.

The tech support reps couldn't help, they don't have any checkbox to click so they were either telling me some fairy tales or really confessed they are helpless with this. And they don't know whom to contact.

Googling didn't help: there are just 3 topics with this error message and there is no solution.

Somebody from Google, please help! How to reach a person who is allowed to whitelist my account?

Gmail Ads - You do not have access to upload forms in your creatives. Please contact your account ma

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No i couldn't get it to work. They gave me the run around for a long time, running me in circles until i gave up. I'm still very interested in using the feature if anyone figures out how though.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

create a simple HTML form on your landing page with an action. Use same form code in your GSP html template with same action with full URL to that like http://www.abz.com/form-action.php

This will work 100%.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

You need to get your account whitelisted by Google to use custome HTML template with forms. Write them on adwords support.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your hints! Where exactly do I write?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried for weeks to find someone who even understands that i need to get white listed, but the support guys do not seem to know how to do it. Do you have a specific email or contact person who can do this?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

You may chat online or write to adwords-support@google.com