AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

GOOGLE PLA's: My Aavg cpc is considerably higher than my Max cpc

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I use google product listing ads instead of regular adwords. For the last year I have had no issue and always had my MSX cpc set to .85 and paid around an average of .30 per click. It was all fine until this past monday the 24th.

Starting that day my avg CPC went from .30 to .36-..41. I thought someone must have come in and raiser their bids cuasing my to increase. I changed it all and changed the following.

I took my max cpc all the way down to .32 and took off enhanced cpc as I know that can raise your bid 30%.

Now my max cpc is .32 and no enhanced and my avg cpc is STILL .40?

I do not have any keywords inside my ad group since it is product listing ads.

Am I missing something not sure why I am being charge about .08 higher than my max cpc right now but with the volume of clicks I get it is a lot of exta money.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Travis C
September 2015

Re: GOOGLE PLA's: My Aavg cpc is considerably higher than my Max cpc

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Travis.

Use the Dimension tab and look at "Hour of Day". If you're still being charged more than your max CPC more than an hour after performing the change, then please check your target bids, as they override ad group bids.

I've been mislead by ad group CPCs once because I forgot that I have set several higher target bids inside that ad group. Maybe this is the case for you as well.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Travis C
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Travis.

Use the Dimension tab and look at "Hour of Day". If you're still being charged more than your max CPC more than an hour after performing the change, then please check your target bids, as they override ad group bids.

I've been mislead by ad group CPCs once because I forgot that I have set several higher target bids inside that ad group. Maybe this is the case for you as well.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think you are the man that taret was at .50 so changed it and we will see