AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

GMAIL ads: How to target ads against emails sent by a specific sender

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, I want to be able to create Email targetting ads that appear against emails sent by a particular sender. I have been advised by several Google employees that this is possible but I am not clear on how to achieve it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ravin

4 Expert replyverified_user

Warning: AdWords interface instructions or screenshots in this thread may be out of date as we move to the new AdWords experience.

LEARN MORE

Re: GMAIL ads: How to target ads against emails sent by a specific sen

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Ravin,

As per my understanding, you can target Google Display Network and add the domain gmail.com as managed placement to get your ads along with the gmail.

For more specific targeting, you might consider creating a specific Gmail targeted Campaign. Doing this would give more exposure to your ad on Gmail. Read this help center link for more insights: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404243?hl=en

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
If you use Gmail Sponsored promotions, you are able to target people who receive emails from specific senders, and if you know the content of the emails, you can layer a targeting method to be "people who received an email from XXX domain and the content of their email contains flash sale"

However, you have to commit between $5-$15k/month in order to be eligible for gmail sponsored promotions while it's in beta.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
One question – how do you target competitors domains? So you put ‘mail.google.com’ as a placement and then competitors domain names as keywords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi everyone who might read this. I was just in contact with Google and it's still in Beta. In order to start it up you'll need to talk to your Account Manager at Google.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Viktar & Viktor,

@Viktar -

Yes, if you need to target a specific competitor, you need to target the placement 'mail.google.com' and add competitor domain names as keywords to your targeting.

@Viktor -

GSP is not in Beta anymore, it was pulled out of Beta and was made a permanent tool worldwide, sometime back. But yes, you are still required to get in touch with a Google Rep to set it up for your account. Other than this, the spends requirement is more of an estimate that you need to communicate to Google and not a mandatory requirement.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers,
Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Shashank!

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
You are welcome Viktor!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
using mail.google.com you can't target competitors inbox..from gallery section click gmail ads and ad your competitor is the good way.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
mail.google.com does not reach competitors inbox...