AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

GIF

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Experts, i have .Gif file and size is 986 KB (1,010,257 bytes). How i will upload on Google Adwords. I'm seeing many of the competitors are running fully animated banners, but i tried Google web designer tool, the file size is not less 1 mb. How and where to upload more than 150 kb banners or gif files. Can you please explain? Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GIF

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Lisa C,

Have you tried compressing the .gif file? I haven't used Google Web Designer to create gifs but apparently there is a compression tool called gzip integrated into the software. There are also some additional tips under the "Reduce image size" section of that link, just probably not enough to get below 150kb without compressing the file.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

GIF

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @ScottyD

Thanks for Reply!

Can you please sugest me how to create fully animated banners for Adwords Display ads? Do you have any video? I tried many times, but my banners are above 150kb each time.

Warm Regards

Re: GIF

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No worries @Lisa C.

Just to check... how are you saving your finished file?

Untitled.png

It's the zipped version which will compress your file into a smaller size.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

GIF

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @ScottyD

File is lengthy now. Do you have any other way to create banners like that? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0fVBnbqIH4

I am seeing Ads by Google, these ads are look like Video Ads. How they are creating that ads? Please suggest us.

Thanks!