AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

GDN conversion pixel

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I was just revisiting some of my GDN set ups and started wondering if i screwed up my conversion pixel for some of the sites when i was first setting things up a while back.

1. Lets say you have a dating site that has traffic from US and Canada, would you use the same conversion action for both or set up different ones http://screencloud.net/v/uiV2?

2. Another scenario, 3 similar dating sites each has a separate domain 20dating, 30dating, 40dating. One conversion action for all 3 or separate one for each?

Each site has the same conversion value.

I do notice that var google_conversion_label = is different for each conversion action.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GDN conversion pixel

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @Eric_K

Good questions.

1. No need to set up different conversions. If users are heading to the same site you wouldn't be able to filter users from the countries to track them separately anyway. You can see where your converted traffic originated by viewing your locations settings or dimensions > locations and separate traffic by country.

2. You can use the same conversion tracking for each website using the cross-domains tracking. However, if it makes a difference which site someone converts on, you can set up 3 conversion actions. Determining which route to go depends on how you want to confirm value creation from your PPC account.

Let me know if that helps!

Nick

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Actually, i should have clarified.

I want to use GDN Target CPA conversion optimizer so GDN needs to know from pixel how to optimize.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Eric K,

Either way will work. A single conversion is less complicated. If in the second scenario users stay on the same website to check out, you don't need cross-domain tracking. And, if you're using the AW conversion code, you never need cross-domain tracking. It runs with a 3rd party cookie that is assigned when the user clicks on your ad. It will properly attribute the conversion no matter what domain it is served from, based on the conversion id and label.

Best of Luck,

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pete,

Conversion tracking has been working fine.

Im concerned about CPA optimizer. Will the algorithm know that for dating20 it needs to increase bids for x device at y time and for dating30 the bid needs to be decreased at time a on device b?
Assuming both dating20 and dating30 are using the same conversion pixel with the same google_conversion_label?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Eric,

The answer to your question lies in how have you set-up your Adwords Account for all the domains.

If there is common account for all the domains:

The conversion setting option is at the account level, so you don't have the choice to select a particular conversion action for a campaign and a different one for another in the same account. 

You need not worry about Conversion Optimizer, theoretically it will take into the consideration the performance of your campaigns while adjusting the bids. 

If there are different account for different domains:

If you have different Adwords accounts, then you need to use respective conversion pixels of those accounts (assuming you are not using an MCC account) for tracking purpose.

Hope it helps !!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Eric K,

I agree with Deepak G. A single conversion will handle all of this if all sites are in the same account.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
It is one GDN account for multiple domains/websites.

Im still a little confused. If one conversion pixel can handle multiple sites what is the purpose of having different conversion action and different google_conversion_label inside each conversion action pixel set up?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Eric,

It may happen that some advertiser requires multiple conversion to track on their website.

For example, an E-commerce advertiser want to track the number of people who have subscribed to their newsletter as well as the who have purchased from his site. So, using multiple conversions action in Adwords he can track both them in the account and can optimise his account accordingly.

Hope it helps !!