AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

GDN - ads with location ext. not showing (are approved)

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've setup an hour ago a campaign with 2 types of ads for the Display network, all ads approved since this morning, started the campaign, and only the ads without location extensions have impressions, like in this printscreen. I've searched for a clue for an hour and I have no ideea what's wrong . Can anyone point me to a solution ?

The documentation says that if I have chosen “Display Network only - All Features” , I should be able to run ads with location extension. No mistake there. The location is added manually not via Google Places.

"Retea display" means "display network" in the picture.

[Later edit] And now I can see that I cannot cancel the added location extension, I just have to create all the ads again after this procedure failed ?

gdn-location-extension-not-working.png

Re: GDN - ads with location ext. not showing (are approved)

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

I think the volume is too small to say anything. Start again and make a judgement after a few hundreds impressions.

What are your ad rotation settings?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

1. now there are 11.240 impressions and I have 10 ads without extension and 10 with location extension. All ads without location have almost evenly distributed impressions , all the ads with location extension have zero impressions.

2. Rotation normal 

3. Is there a way to check where and how is displayed a "Display Network Ad

" to see if it has any extensions ? Something like the Ad Preview Tool but for managed placements ?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

To be honest, I don´t recognise the kind of ads shown on your image. Is that ordinary text ads? How many rows are there, seems to be more than 2 descriptive lines. What country is the account in?

Unfortunately there is no diagnosis tool for placements.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The first ad with some impressions is a normal text ad : 3 rows. All of them are text ads.

The others have the address from the manual location extension showing bellow them.

Now I also placed banners in the ad group and the simple text ads and banners receive impressions and the ads that have an asigned address ( location extension) have zero impressions. There have been more than 60.000 total impressions .

I have manualy checked a few of the placements and no other advertisers in the adwords ad space have extensions either.

So unless someone comes up with a printscreen of a GDN AD with phone , sitelinks or location extension near the text lines, I believe there is no such AD configuration available for the GDN.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

I don´t know.
But I also don´t know why your manual location extensions show up with ad under the Ads tab, whereas my don´t?
I have enhanced campaigns. But not targeting the GDN.