AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

GDN Ad Performance Reporting - Ad Image Filename

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I need to check the performance of different ad images we use in our campaigns.

In some cases we run ads with the same ad copy and 3 different images. Really need to see which image performance best.

What is the best way to pull performance metrics by image name? How can I add the image filename or some other identifier to reporting?

Cheers.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This is hard to do, and if feasible at all,  the results will be statistically biased, because  not all sites have the same allocation(s) of ad units, terrific to different sites could be significantly different, and the position of  the same size banner is different on any page.

So, the only question that could be tested is which banner is most popular, but not which one performs better.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You make a great point and that is definitely something to keep in mind, but I do think that over time with hundreds of thousands of impressions the 3 images should average out to similar placements and sizes served.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

To my recollection, I tried to test that a few years ago with a big client, but we totally failed. The results were absolutely not conclusive.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’