AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

GA - Remarketing Not Populating

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My remarketing campaign has only 24 people in the audience after more than 7 days. During this period my audience has accrued more than 400+ sessions and more than 350 unique visits. I have obviously set this up with GA. After 7+ days, the list should have way more than 24 users, so clearly something is a miss here. Few notes:

• GA and AdWords accounts have been properly linked
  • GA account has enabled display features
  • GA has access to Edit ability
  • Remarketing is setup with all locations, no restrictions at this time - very generic since this is such as small audience.
  • GA universal code is properly applied.

Any suggestions would be great ! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GA - Remarketing Not Populating

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
If you are not aware of it Remarketing lists created through Google Adwords code will build up faster than that created using Google Analytics.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is very true, but they do not give you the flexibility or GA remarketing especially with enhanced eCommerce.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Dan P,

Welcome to adwrods community.

You want to create audience list for remarketing in google analytics. I just want to know how you will re-target these audience through google adwords? If Yes,then update adwords remarketing code. If you have ecommerse website then you can update dynamic remarketing code.For more go with this link

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3103357?hl=en

Hope it helps you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply but I think you are not understanding the question. I am not going to use the adwords code because you can use the GA one instead and now there is little need to use the adwords remarketing code.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2476688?hl=en

Dynamic remarketing is a whole another issue that is not a concern, which is a whole another code that would be applied to the site. Thanks anyway I guess..

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Dan,

There is a little confusion here. You say your campaign has 24 people in the audience and then say that your audience has over 400+ sessions.

Do you mean the site has accrued 400+ sessions (350 unique users) and your audience has only grown to 24 users?

I would also assume that you set up your audience in GA to collect all visitors and there is a longer membership duration as well with no limitations and that your updated GA tags are on every page of the site.

Unfortunately, due to how cookies are handled by users etc...I don't think this is uncommon.

For instance, I set up GA remarketing for a client on Nov 7th. They had no audiences prior to this. We've recorded 1500 sessions and over 1400 users over this time and our current list size is 270.

It's really hard to determine exactly why this happens...if you're looking for more ideas, there is this simple troubleshooter here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3052703?hl=en

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry - you are correct in your decipher of my first message. I have only seen this issue with clients that have smaller amounts of users ( <10,000 visits/mo). Well it was worth a shot to see if someone else had experienced an easy solution to fixing this problem.

Thanks!