AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Full URL for Display Campaigns in Adwords and GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Q: How can I get the full URL from a display campaign in Adwords?

For example: Foxnews.com has many subdomains, and it would be nice to know the full URL that is associated with the traffic driven to my site. I use the  UTM parameter placement={placement} to gather the placement URL. However, that will only go as far as the url that is put into adwords as the placement. i.e. if the placement is foxnews.com/business but theoretically the full URL was foxnews.com/business/markets/march-2017/Save-Your-Business.html I would only still see "foxnews.com/business."

This might be a google analytics question, but is there a way to set up my account in a way that it will pass the full referral URL from my adwords campaigns. This will help me be able to decide on these large domains areas to spend more aggressively, and cut back or exclude areas that are not as profitable.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April

Full URL for Display Campaigns in Adwords and GA

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yes, you can pull detailed reports of all placements.

Go to the placement tab under dimension tab.

Here, you will see all placements. Now select one placement and go to the "See Details tab" and choose "selected".

Then you can see the detailed placement URL report.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’