AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Four of my ads have suddenly stopped performing. Any suggestions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had five ads running for three or four months now. All of a sudden, four of the five ads have stopped performing -- hardly ever showing up and getting zero clicks. The fifth ad is almost over-performing: making up for the difference. Overall, the campaign is getting the same numbers - it just seems weird that one ad has blasted so far out in front and the others suddenly stopped. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Picton C
September 2015

Re: Four of my ads have suddenly stopped performing. Any suggestions?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

1) "hardly ever showing up and getting zero clicks" , What was their daily impression volume before and what is now ?

2) Did you accidentaly switch to CPM bidding (which provides far less clicks) ?

3) What is the status of your ads ? Eligible, approved, etc

4) Are all your ads in the same language ? Have you made a change in the language targeting ?

5) Have you changed to any type of automatic management ?

a) Automated rules to pause ad groups, ads.

b) Conversion optimizer

c) Enhanced CPC bidding 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2390590?hl=en

Just quoting :

"Another difference is that Conversion Optimizer modifies 100% of traffic, while ECPC modifies 50% initially, and then moves that percentage up or down based on how it is performing."

6) Have you modified your scheduling parameters ?

7) Are all these ads in the same ad group or the Ad who receives clicks is in another ad group ?

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Picton ! Welcome to the community !

I suspect you have chosen the ad rotation to be optimised for clicks.

Is this your choice ? "Rotate evenly: Show ads more evenly for 90 days, then optimize for clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your answer Adrian! Sadly, that actually wasn't my choice - we had ticked "Optimize for clicks: Show ads expected to provide more clicks" ... but do you think your answer might still be the one I'm looking for? Although it seems weird that suddenly every single ad but one is not going to generate any clicks, considering that they all were before.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Picton C
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

1) "hardly ever showing up and getting zero clicks" , What was their daily impression volume before and what is now ?

2) Did you accidentaly switch to CPM bidding (which provides far less clicks) ?

3) What is the status of your ads ? Eligible, approved, etc

4) Are all your ads in the same language ? Have you made a change in the language targeting ?

5) Have you changed to any type of automatic management ?

a) Automated rules to pause ad groups, ads.

b) Conversion optimizer

c) Enhanced CPC bidding 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2390590?hl=en

Just quoting :

"Another difference is that Conversion Optimizer modifies 100% of traffic, while ECPC modifies 50% initially, and then moves that percentage up or down based on how it is performing."

6) Have you modified your scheduling parameters ?

7) Are all these ads in the same ad group or the Ad who receives clicks is in another ad group ?