AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Focus on Clicks vs Maximize Clicks

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Forum

My goal is to maximize clicks to a website.

So in the bid strategy section under settings is an option for "Focus on Clicks - Use Maximum CPC" and then another addon option under it that says "AdWords will set my bids to help maximize clicks within my target budget." 

Now in the flexible bid strategy there is also an option to "Maximize Clicks"  

These two are separate options. Which one should I use and why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Boyang S
September 2015

Re: Focus on Clicks vs Maximize Clicks

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Boyang,

The bidding option "Focus on Clicks" is manual CPC bidding. That means you set and update the bids yourself for each keyword. If you choose "Maximize Clicks", AdWords will set the bids for you to help you generate as many clicks as possible. Which bid setting you choose is really up to you, depending on your goals.

I almost always choose manual CPC bids and then perform bid changes based upon the performance of my keywords. With this setting, you have more control.

Since your goal is to maximize clicks, you might like the automatic bidding setting (Maximize Clicks).

No matter which setting you use, I would suggest monitoring your site analytics to ensure that your site visitors are engaging with your site in meaningful ways. Do you have a contact form, phone number, or anything that you can track as a conversion?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Boyang S
September 2015

Re: Focus on Clicks vs Maximize Clicks

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Boyang,

The bidding option "Focus on Clicks" is manual CPC bidding. That means you set and update the bids yourself for each keyword. If you choose "Maximize Clicks", AdWords will set the bids for you to help you generate as many clicks as possible. Which bid setting you choose is really up to you, depending on your goals.

I almost always choose manual CPC bids and then perform bid changes based upon the performance of my keywords. With this setting, you have more control.

Since your goal is to maximize clicks, you might like the automatic bidding setting (Maximize Clicks).

No matter which setting you use, I would suggest monitoring your site analytics to ensure that your site visitors are engaging with your site in meaningful ways. Do you have a contact form, phone number, or anything that you can track as a conversion?