AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Flexibile Bidding Issue - Can't Change It

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys

I seem to have an issue when trying to change my flexible bidding for campaigns and ad-groups.

I did remove my current bidding strategy from all my keywords and I still cannot change it to the one I want which is Enhanced CPC.

I even deleted the previous one and it still doesn't want me to switch on both campaign and ad-group level.

I keep getting this message "To use this strategy, remove the strategies applied to your keywords."

And like I said I did remove the strategy by selecting "Use manual cpc bidding".

Or do you need to clear the bidding strategy completely? If so how?

Can somebody maybe here give me some more insight into this.

Thanks

Dave

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Flexibile Bidding Issue - Can't Change It

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dave,

Do you have ad scheduling turned on?

Do your campaigns have enough history for Enhanced CPC?

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete

Nope no ad scheduling.

And we switched the campaign to Enhanced already in March.So I think there should be enough history for this.

I did test it on a different campaign which was display only and it switched seamlessly.

So I am still baffled as to what can be the problem.

Dave

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dave,

I am having the same problem.  Did you resolve this issue?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have the same problem. When trying to change to Focus on conversions (Conversion Optimizer) or Focus on clicks with Enable Enhanced CPC, I get the message "To use this strategy, remove the strategies applied to your keywords."

I have no strategies applied to my keywords, so I don't know how to resolve this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When you remove a bid strategy from your ad group or keyword, it is stored in your Shared library and available for use elsewhere. If you remove a flexible bid strategy without applying a new one, AdWords will use the default strategy instead, which can come from the ad group or the campaign. For example, if you remove the bid strategy from your keywords, AdWords will use the ad group's strategy. If no ad group strategy has been applied, the campaign-level strategy will be used. Remember, campaign bid strategies can't be removed; you must switch to another strategy instead.

If you no longer want to use a bid strategy, you can delete it from your Shared library as long as it's not currently in use by any keywords, ad groups, or campaigns. If it's in use, you must remove it from any keywords or ad groups first before you can delete it. After deletion, you won't be able to apply the strategy anywhere else, or view reporting for it.

I hope it will help.