AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Flexibile Bidding Issue - Can't Change It Too

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same question, I cannot change my bid options since I used the flexibile Bid Strategy, I have already removed those bid strategies I have used, but when I tried to change CPC bid or CPA bid, it will tell me that I need to remove the bid strategies I have used. I don't know what I need to do. What 's the problem?

Re: Flexibile Bidding Issue - Can't Change It Too

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Brenda,

Are you sure you have removed all the bidding strategies? Have you checked the campaign settings as well as the bidding strategies page?

I've not done a great deal with these and haven't come across many problems like you are explaining but maybe the help page on using flexible bid strategies could help.

One interesting thing that could be of interest to you is the section near the bottom about removing or editing the flexible strategies.

"Remember, campaign bid strategies can't be removed; you must switch to another strategy instead.

If you no longer want to use a bid strategy, you can delete it from your Shared library as long as it's not currently in use by any keywords, ad groups, or campaigns. If it's in use, you must remove it from any keywords or ad groups first before you can delete it. After deletion, you won't be able to apply the strategy anywhere else, or view reporting for it."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear person who replied to Brenda and others regarding the same issue but on different pages in this help forum,

STOP! Stop giving a generic answer from the user guide of Google because your generic answer is no help to us. We have all removed every possible bidding strategy from every single keyword ad group campaign etc and we still get that error. It won't let us change any bid setting in campaign settings or ad groups etc or allow us to apply any strategies now that we deleted or took one off. There is no strategy to remove on our keywords, ads, or campaigns left. We removed them all. Yet nonstop error message that we need to remove strategies before etc etc. This is crazy. When will they have a resolution for this annoying and costly technical issue? Ugh so frustrated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I selected every single keyword and chose default bidding strategy then also with ad groups then tried to change and still same error about removing strategies from keywords but every single keyword is showing CPC. I don't understand this is really upsetting me. Can you think of any other thing i could try?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Brenda, were you able to resolve this? If so please tell me how so I can try. At this point I'll beg you to please reveal how you did it to me cuz it's very frustrating. Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Brenda,

I had same issue with one of my campaign and to resolve this what I did is, I selected on the keywords on the keywords tab including paused keywords(This is the key) and set the strategy to default bid strategy, repeated the same on all ad-groups as well went to campaign setting set the the CPA bid of my choice.

Remember key is to set all the keywords and ad-group bids including paused and active status to use default bid and then try other bid strategy

Thanks,

Imran