AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Flash to HTML5 conversion gone wrong

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, the company I work for wants to use display banners in their campaign. I've created a bunch of animated ads to use in AdWords. First we used GIF's, however the 5 fps limit was a bit annoying so instead we went ahead and created flash ads.

When we upload them the flash ad looks normal, however the HTML5 ad seemed to have some odd anti-aliasing problem. See below in the html5 version, when the image stops moving it corrects itself slightly. Does Google do that to improve performance? Is there anything we can do to fix this for mobile devices?

Flash version:

flash

HTML5 version:

html5

Quick edit: we are using vectors in Flash, but the same issue appears if we use bitmap images in the animations.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark H
September 2015

Re: Flash to HTML5 conversion going wrong

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Mark. I think there's some resizing involved in there as well, which leads to that anti-aliasing. These two animations don't seem to have the same size (when they're stopped).

You can try creating an animation for only one size and making sure the widths and heights are exact pixels which do not need to be resized to see if the problem persists.

So don't use points or mms in Flash but rather pixels (if it's possible, I can't remember) and work with a standard size (say 300 x 250) and then check the 300 x 250 HTML ad alone. See if the problem still occurs and please let us know as well.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark H
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Mark. I think there's some resizing involved in there as well, which leads to that anti-aliasing. These two animations don't seem to have the same size (when they're stopped).

You can try creating an animation for only one size and making sure the widths and heights are exact pixels which do not need to be resized to see if the problem persists.

So don't use points or mms in Flash but rather pixels (if it's possible, I can't remember) and work with a standard size (say 300 x 250) and then check the 300 x 250 HTML ad alone. See if the problem still occurs and please let us know as well.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Calin, currently remaking the ads from the ground up with some changes. Though the images used in the previous ads where all the exact same size across all keyframes. Will update later if the new ads worked.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I'm sure they were exactly the same size across keyframes. But if you start with one template and allow AdWords to generate several HTML5 ads by resizing elements from a master template I'm afraid some strange anti-aliasing might happen. Good luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok found the solution. Had most of the frames ending in not a pixel perfect spot. As in: some ended at position x=139,25. Had to change the ,45 to ,00 and it's fixed :0