AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Flash/SWF Insert Parameters to URL on button click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Flash ad that has in input for the user to enter and then submit. 

I would like the input to be inserted into the destination URL so I can capture it on my site.

(BEFORE you tell me this is against AdWords policy, I'll tell you it's not. All the big insurance advertisers do this on the doubleclick network where the user is asked to enter their zip code, the submit button takes the user to the advertisers site. There is even a template to do this in Google Web Designer)

My issue is the form works fine, the flash works fine, but upon clicking the submit button in the ad, the user is taken to the display URL, not the clickTAG url in the SWF with the parameters ie http://site.com?param=sometext. 

I need to make adwords insert the swf text into the destination URL. 

Any ideas how this is done? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Flash/SWF Insert Parameters to URL on button click

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ryan B,

To be more precise, it's something that is better called appending values to an exit. As far as I know, it's not yet supported with AdWords. It's available with DoubleClick Rich Media only. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.