AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Finding Display Ad performance On Each Placement

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Adwords Community,

First post here!

I have a question regarding Display Campaigns. I want to know the placement of each ad that I am currently serving. I have static and flash ads and am trying to find which of our higher impression domains are currently serving which type.

Context: We have a new great flash ad, but our best domain #####.com might not be serving our ad and we are trying to do analysis to figure out what's going on.

Short: How can we find out which placements each of our ads are serving?

Thank you,

E

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Finding Display Ad performance On Each Placement

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Erik,

If I am right, You want to know about the type of Ad-format/Ad on the placement of highest impression.
My suggestion for you is- Create a separate ad group for that particular Placement (Website) and use all your ads into it. You can easily find out which ad is performing the best on that placement.

Or You can find the detail about a website placement in Display Planner that what ad formats are allowed there.

-Rohit.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

When you are in the Ads Tab of your Display Network Ad Group , click on the Button "Segment" and choose "Keyword / Placement" . If your targeting is not automatic ( based on Topics for example ) , if it uses managed placements, you will see for each of the Ads how impressions are distributed across Placements.

If your targeted sites are selected automatically ( instead of managed placements ) you could  see information like this "uservertical::143" instead of the actual Placement.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you both for your input. I now see the value of separating ad type by ad group, but for our case right now we have weeks of valuable data in store.

The deeper question is why our flash ads don't have half the impressions as our static ads in the same dimension.

With the same dimensions, flash ads only have 3.7% of the impression share.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Is th

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
I think you should choose "Rotate the ads evenly" in campaign settings. By default Adwords optimizes the ads for Clicks and shows up your ads more frequently those might get higher CTR.

-Rohit

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I tend to agree with Kim on this Smiley Happy

I have looked as some of my Flash Ads with the "Segment" = Device.

It seems that Flash Ads generally do not serve impressions on mobiles. Do you have mobile traffic activated in that ad group or excluded with a -100% bid adjutment ?

Could you check please if the source of impressions for other ads is from mobiles ?

Also a Flash Ad is generally created in a big size, that big size competes with many text ads which would fit the same space , so it needs a higher bid. 

I would suggest creating a new Ad Group for your new Flash Ads and as targeting that high performing placement but with a higher bid.