AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Find replace script

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey I am trying to save myself some time. I work managing campaigns for a specific type of local business all around the country. Because they are all very similar and their targeting doesn't conflict I have a base account that has all thebest ads as a starting point so I can generate a complex campaign quickly. I am trying to find / build a script that will allow me to enter the name of the business, location, city , phone# ect. and have them be replaced in the base account in the editor so I can upload them. Right now I am using the find and replace feature in the ad words editor and it is becoming tedious to go through all the screens. I just want to enter the fields in a script and have it fill in the blanks in the campaigns. Is this possible? If not what are the resources I need to build this.?

Thanks,

William

1 Expert replyverified_user

Find replace script

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi William

This is indeed possible. However, it's something you'll need to program yourself. 

You can try using AdWords scripts, but I'd use Python for this. 

You might even be able to get away with it (and it might be preferable to you) to create these using a macro in Excel and just import and upload that in AWE.